Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #1 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Betta problems associated with Wal Mart

Okay, the other day, I went with my mom to wal mart and, being me, I had to check out the fish section. I was actually quite impressed. The bettas were in the same size cups as petco, none were dead, and the employees had daily/weekly/monthly chores to do. They even had a much better goldfish tank, with barely any "debris" and no dead ones. Only thing was, they put *still young* oscars in the same tank. They could be aggressive even then, but they weren't.

MORAL: Check the store out before you judge it.

Thank you,
fishy314.
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #2 
sandybottom
Reference Team

i found 5 dead ones at petco. we got a new employee at our mankato store. since then the fish don't look so good.before they were taken care of really well. i think it has a lot to do with the individual employee, not so much the store. dedicated employees are a great asset to fish stores. some just don't really care and it shows. our walmart here is hit and miss. haven't seen any bettas there for a couple of weeks. the employees they have right now aren't really knowledgeable.hope they get someone good soon. could be a new shipment also.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #3 
sainthogan

Yes, it just depends. The wal-mart I used to work at had a Betta enthusiast working in the pet section and he kept great care of them, and convinced the manager that they needed to have clean water in order to live and be bought.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #4 
Bluewind

I talked to a woman at my walmart about the terrible condition of their Bettas. She said that they arive at the store in a crate with many in crushed cups and all in barely enough water to cover them. She had been taking the ones in the crushed cups and placing them in delli cups to save them. She said no one is in charge of the fish, so the fall by the waistside and that kids are cruel and have gotten into the habbit the last few months of dumping 2 males in the same cup so they can watch them kill each other!
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote