Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 
hannah16

Talking My Addiction is Being Fed SO WELL!!!

HAI... Sorry, I feel a hyped and happy.

I wrote Petco a complaint about my LFS stating I really truly wanted to purchase this white EE that had been sitting on the shelf for over a month but would like a small discount if possible as Alex already dropped $22 with tax on Princey, my EE whom is mostly purple/blue :3 ..

So anyway, I also stated I think after a month or more the bettas should be marked down in price so prevent so many deaths. I commented about the Petco farther from my house that they had 8 dead betta fish and that the fish department supervisor seemed unhappy in his particular area and maybe should be moved else where.

Well, the response I got was $5 off the white EE (I called the Petco to see if he was there, they said no but I'm still going in to check.), I emailed back to ask if he was sold will I be able to use this coupon else where on another betta.

Lastly, the Manager at my local Petco called to talk to me and gave me some details about the store, example is that they have no policy on price marking for fish but they do for the small animals, after 6 months the price is marked down. He also asked me what fish I was interested in, I explained I just called the store about 10 minutes ago and the fish department supervisor stated they had no EEs. He kindly said to come in tomorrow and pick ANY BETTA FISH I WANT... FOR FREE.... Omg.. I nearly squealed. So I'll be going to Petco tomorrow to make my fish go from 11 to 12 ~ Then next week I'll be getting my 13th betta...

My addiction is being fed, VERY VERY well...
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #2 
aemaki09

HOLY CRAP!!!
I AM SOOOO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!
i thought me getting a walmart CT for .50 was a good deal..but that definitely doesnt compare to you getting a petco betta for free! those guys are sooo expensive there!

NICE JOB!! teach me your ways!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #3 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!
i thought me getting a walmart CT for .50 was a good deal..but that definitely doesnt compare to you getting a petco betta for free! those guys are sooo expensive there!

Haha! All I did was be honest about my experience and concerns.

THIS PROVES HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY... As corny as it sounds, it's very true!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW 8D
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #4 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!

Also , How did you get a CT at Walmart for $0.50?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #5 
aemaki09

Yeah, I bet your really excited!!!
And I just talked to the manager about how horrible their conditions were right then and said that this fish is probably going to die within the next few days, I'd like to take him home but I'm really not interested in paying full price! So he dropped it.
Theres a thread of the new boy somewhere. title's something like my new rescues first meal
Old 12-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #6 
hannah16

Yeah, I wish I had the time to do the same when I got Celestial. She was in the dirtiest water, the cashier even said "I couldn't see the fish at first!" It was gross! Soon as I got home I started cycling out her water to clean and fresh <3!!! She's so adorable with green in her tail..
Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #7 
majesticstorm

That's awesome! Please post pictures of you new fish when you get him! :D
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #8 
hannah16

I certainly will! I wish I could get a "King" because I've wanted one for a while but they need a 10g minimum and I don't have one right now so it's a bummer! Even if I had a 5 g I KNOW for a FACT "Kings" need at least a 10 g.. ;w;...

I'm hoping to get a nice looking HM or EE if they got any in today (Fingers crossed).
Old 12-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #9 
aemaki09

Goodluck!
Thats the only thing I don't like about kings too, is that they need so much room. I don't have room for a whole new 10g just for one! Lol
Keep us updated on what you find and being home
Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #10 
hannah16

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm back from Petco. And it was an enjoyable trip.

So I walk into Petco, straight to the bettas. As soon as I see the White EE I've been trying to buy for a while now, I'm a bit upset, they said they had no EEs. Just as I'm sorting through the other bettas, moving them to the upper cubbie holes, a manager with a filter is passing by. I know him from a previous visit and ask "Hi, are you *****?" He responds "Yes."

I say "I'm Hannah." He then explains he's with another customer and will be with me shortly. So I continue looking through all the bettas including the kings. I saw an orchid king which was beautiful but I knew I couldn't get him. I re-organized the entire betta section as I waited and found two obvious sibling double tails that I adored, but I was set on getting the white EE because I knew he'd been there for sometime. Another Manager came up to me and asked to help me, I explained that the other Manager would be giving me a free betta as I made a complaint online.

He said he already knew and asked if I wanted the betta in my hand. So I said yes, he looked at him. And we got into a conversation about how I called the day prior asking if they had any EEs and he said "Well, (Laughs nervously), you spoke to me. I apologize, I thought we didn't have any. But this guy has been here since * October *."

So then I just walked out with the EE and returned a few minutes later with my $5 coupon and purchased one of the Double tails and promised myself if the other was there next week, he's mine!

But I don't expect him to be. He was blood red and a bit of white with a red marbled body. And these were the first EVER double tails I liked. They're only $6.99 so I really don't expect the other male to be there.. Though one can hope :laugh:

So I got the $19.99 EE for free and the double tail male for $2.15 which again proves, Honesty is the best policy. :) Hope you enjoyed my thread. I'll be posting pics soon.