Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #61 
resa

as far as the filter thing he swims all around it and the current. now he does however swim back and forth in the back of the tank and never coming to the front at all :( and he still isnt eating
resa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #62 
resa

also i have seen several betta pics and videos and am wondering why my betta look so small to me? is he young or cant you tell?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #63 
AyalaCookiejar

He is probably young if he looks smaller than other bettas.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #64 
resa

ok i took the heater back to walmart and got another one. as soon as i plugged it in the red light came on and then a few min later it went off with no green light coming on so i waited a little while and noticed the temp was dropping and it wouldnt come back on.... so i have to replace another heater grrrr anyway at walmart my husband picked up some dried bloodworms and so we fed those to him and he didnt eat that either ....so im at a loss for what to feed him i also want to know what 'chemicals' 'solutions' does he HAVE to have for his tank other than water conditioner?
also when it comes to slowing the current down on the filter with rocks, am i suppose to put them inside the filter? and do i ever have to do 100% water change or what? thanks :)
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #65 
AyalaCookiejar

What's the tank size again? I've never used rocks so idk... You'll have to ask Choclate on that one. I would personally use a sponge to baffle the filter. What type of heater is it? I have Hydor Theo heaters in all my tanks and have never had a problem... The tetra brand from Walmart isn't that great, nor is it adjustable. I know that Petco has a big sale until the 31st and the heaters might be cheaper right now... I got all mine from their website for about $20 each.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #66 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Rocks as a substrate can be dangerous. Lava Rock is great.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #67 
AyalaCookiejar

Doesn't lava rock affect the pH?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #68 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It very slightly raises PH.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #69 
resa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
What's the tank size again? I've never used rocks so idk... You'll have to ask Choclate on that one. I would personally use a sponge to baffle the filter. What type of heater is it? I have Hydor Theo heaters in all my tanks and have never had a problem... The tetra brand from Walmart isn't that great, nor is it adjustable. I know that Petco has a big sale until the 31st and the heaters might be cheaper right now... I got all mine from their website for about $20 each.
10 gallon tank with aqua tech filter and how do i get a sponge to baffle the filter im using. if you can post a link to one i'd appreciate it..... the heater is a tetra... i woke up this morning plugged it back in and it came on however it went off before it reached the temp the manufacturer set it to get to which is 78+2....... i will not be able to reach that sale at petco since i dont get paid again til the 1st...... and petco is a little ways from here and i dont like ordering things online i'd rater go to the store..... no offense (different strokes for different folks ) :)......
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #70 
resa

Quote:
Originally Posted by resa View Post
ok i took the heater back to walmart and got another one. as soon as i plugged it in the red light came on and then a few min later it went off with no green light coming on so i waited a little while and noticed the temp was dropping and it wouldnt come back on.... so i have to replace another heater grrrr anyway at walmart my husband picked up some dried bloodworms and so we fed those to him and he didnt eat that either ....so im at a loss for what to feed him i also want to know what 'chemicals' 'solutions' does he HAVE to have for his tank other than water conditioner?
also when it comes to slowing the current down on the filter with rocks, am i suppose to put them inside the filter? and do i ever have to do 100% water change or what? thanks :)
just reposting this bc of questions it has in it :)