Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Opening a Fish Store

First off before any attempt to discourage, or other words bash, please read the following quote made by your's truly, and think on those words. When you finish thinking and still feel the need to be unreasonable or rude, please re-read it and think on it again. When the words sink in and you understand the quote fully, then you may state your point. Thank you!

"Do not let fear get in the way of success - the fear of failure is the reason no one follows their dreams."

Yes, we all fail. Sure I could fail - but how will I know if I never try? I do not have 1000% figured out, but who does? It may be a leased building, or a heated garage, or a bedroom in my house, or an old pig barn. Never know... Anyways, I do intend to open a store in the next few years and considering the progress I have done in under 4 months that was supposed to take me a year, I am sure I can achieve it. I can achieve anything.

What happened: Middle of this year, I took a heavy blow. I felt so cold, so empty, so useless, so worthless. I gave away my 13 fish tanks, some of my fish died due to me being stranded from home (R.I.P to my fish), and I gave away my pets. I lost everything, I did not know what to do. The "now what?" feeling was greater than anything else.

Now what? Well, let's show these jerks what I REALLY am. THAT is what I thought, a day after. Let's show him, that there is nothing that is going to stop me. No one is going to stop me, or slow me down. I've removed the rotted weeds from the garden (translation: terrible people in my life do not exist in my life anymore). I have three 5 gallons, five 10 gallons, a 40 long, a 30 regular, plus numerous under 3 gallons. Slowly I have collected more heaters, filters, fake plants and live plants.

I've gotten a spawn of 229 (remaining) fry, plus will be working on Crowntails and Double Crowns next. not to mention Doubletails, Halfmoons, and Dumbos. That is just the start.... Ebony Bettas is just the start. I will eventually work on fish that are livebearers (platys, mollies, balloon mollies, fancy guppies, etc) then make my way to danios and other egg layers.

Yes, it will take years. Sure, I could fail. But during these last few months I realized I can do what I want to if I just forget the people who try to take me down bit by bit. I can do what I want to do, if I believe in myself. I don't need others to believe in me, I just needed myself.

If anyone has any ideas to throw out there (types of tanks, stands, selling live plants, or educational purposes, energy saving ideas aka electricity, water, etc) go ahead and post ^_^ Any "you're going to fail" or "You know this is ridiculous" posts will have the poster blocked. I don't have time for that, sorry

Oh! I may also do sketches for money to go towards breeding to be able to have more time focused on breeding. Depending what else I can find, I may do things like jewellery, sewing, cross-stitch, sculptures, etc.

Here I will keep YOU updated on progress. Anything I find that can be useful, any information, anything and everything!
Attached Images

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 12-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think you will do good. To save money you could breed things like Danios. For the Bettas Betta Barracks.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #3 
Perry the platypus

Yes! You can do it! Go ahead! Don't let people stop you! Remember do, and try!

Just because it burns doesn't mean you're going to die. You got to get up and try. -Pink
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Save money by breeding some of the animals. Remeber Fiddlers in Brackish.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #5 
Mo

Was actually thinking about opening a Betta store yesterday and all of the knick nacks
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

fiddlers?

I remember accidentally breeding danios. Apparently it is "hard" but it really isn't. I know a way that can have the eggs kept safe

I think it would work. Even a "in home" version. Plus if you gain a person's trust and loyalty, it is better than selling dying fish and making people never want to come back.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Keep the Otos/ Assassin snails in the Planted Tanks. Keep Sorities. Keep males with Compatible tankmates. Fiddler Crabs. Remeber Never breed Glofish. But Zebra Danios are easy to breed. Sell plant Packages. Sell Terrium Supplies.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

Glofish? Aren't those the ones who were mutated by man's doing? I also will not support any of those painted tetras in my store either It is unnatural, and cruel. IMO.

I will hopefully pull it out to also accept reptiles :)
Old 12-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Glofish are a better alternitave to dying. I have yet to here a problem with the GM ones.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #10 
MoonShadow

You can do anything that you believe you can do! I am also planning on opening my own store in the next few years. I'm finishing up my AAS degree in business management, and a certificate in animal science. I want an all around pet store though, not just fish (though the fish section will be HUGE)

Good luck with this en-devour! and don't listen to the naysayers, they're just jealous
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote