betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #141 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

So you would be a supplier.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #142 
Sena Hansler

Yes, I will be. But only on my rules. For instance, the one store I may pass on since they want quantity... And I cannot breed like a mill. I must breed responsibly.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #143 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That is great. You will breed healthy Bettas.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #144 
Sena Hansler

Yep :) I seem to have a nack for fish anyways
Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #145 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

What will be your source stock?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #146 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
.... IF I stick to ONLY online (with appointment of people coming in to visually see) then it will probably only be bettas and livebearers with a few egg layers. Which I will breed myself, the stock coming from reputable breeders within Canada (preferably Alberta, but cannot always get what you want), and from the city in any fish store I find worthy of my "stock building" plans ...
If you're going to start with online --> What about speaking with someone in the US to form a mutual "referral" service? If a customer in the US contacts you, you refer that person to your US contact.... And if someone in Canada contacts a US seller, that person refers the customer to you?

I'm thinking it would be an informal arrangement, but with a US breeder whose quality you trust....

And if you don't want to ship long distance, you could extend this network to other Canadian breeders who are outside of your area.

It would be like 'word of mouth,' but instead of customers referring their friends, it would be breeders referring potential buyers to breeders who could supply them with the fish they want.

My brain isn't working for some reason, so if it's not making sense, let me know and I'll try again later. LOL
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #147 
Sena Hansler

Actually it does make sense

If someone says, for example "wish you were in use" I could tell them there is a breeder ______ in _______ who ships across usa, and breeds _____ tailtype. And vice versa.

I also know I can get fish from ontario more safely, and faster, thanks to a member on here, who resides in Calgary :)
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #148 
stangant

sounds fantastic!!! I wish I could open a fish store but money and the current market makes it almost impossible and the fish store that I have been going to for many many years is struggling. I could never think of opening just a betta store though, around here they don't seem to be that popular and are defiantly misunderstood.

Last edited by stangant; 12-29-2012 at 10:57 PM.
stangant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #149 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Actually it does make sense

If someone says, for example "wish you were in use" I could tell them there is a breeder ______ in _______ who ships across usa, and breeds _____ tailtype. And vice versa.

I also know I can get fish from ontario more safely, and faster, thanks to a member on here, who resides in Calgary :)
Yes, exactly. This would allow all of you to benefit. You'd help out other breeders, and they'd help you out.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #150 
SpeakNow13

Good luck to you! I believe that you can rock this and be super awesome! Any support you need just let us know!!!!
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote