Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #151 
FishFriend9292

If for the future you do decide to sell betta tankmates maybe snails could be a good choice.
FishFriend9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #152 
sandybottom
Reference Team

sounds great sena. i like the idea of classes. would a weekly or bi-weekly coffee klatsch work? people love talking about their pets. quite similar would be starting a betta club centered around your store. a cheap way of advertising is to go to mom and pop stores that you frequent. work out a deal. if you can leave a stack of small flyers or coupons on the checkout counter at their store, you can do the same for them. floral or other hobby stores will probably help out. any asian restaurants that you go to, may want a nice display betta in exchange for advertising. i know that you want to stick with fish only. but out pricing on good quality dog or cat food may get more people in you door. and can be kept mostly in storage in the back. if you will have a back storage room anyway. just a few ideas. good luck sena. remember, the only person that can make you fail, is you! the only person that can fully realize your dreams and your drive, is you! have it your way and don't settle for less. you deserve it. cheers!

Last edited by sandybottom; 12-30-2012 at 09:47 AM.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #153 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You could have Riparium/Pauldraium builds for Bettas.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #154 
LadyVictorian

Breed snails and grow your own plants for sale, that is so easy to do. Get every kind of snail you can cheap and breed away like a madman. Also make friends with aquariust in the community. Perhaps then if they know you are a good fish keeper and they end up with too many fish in their tanks or suddenly have a population explosion they may give you some of the fish knowing you can find them good homes and educate their owners. I am happy you are doing this, we need good fish keepers in this world and they all start at the store.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #155 
Phaydra

Sena I think you could do splendidly with this. Betta barracks could be quite cheap if you want to set it up yourself. Beanie Boxes set up on a drip system to a sump would work wonderfully. One heater in the sump and insulated drip lines would work just fine. If you really want to save money maybe you can learn how to cut and attach acrylic to itself. You could even make that part of your store. Betta Bungalows by Sena Give that special betta in your home a tank like no other. I am sure you could produce a better name and more attractive sales pitch.

There is so much you can do with this idea. Specialty Betta friendly decor. Something I would love to see is someone who would design backgrounds with smaller tanks and bettas in mind. Start with a spare room and work your way up. You have Aquabid at your disposal and Ebay to show your inventory beyond local advertisement. You have these forums too to help get the word out. You know how awesome it would be to have a store geared towards Bettas and the betterment of their living? Of course you would need to branch out a bit from bettas in the long run to keep steady income rolling in to bankroll all the new ideas you will come up with. I see big things in the future for Bettas and betta supplies Sena and you are selling it.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #156 
Sena Hansler

The handmade tanks is actually a really good idea... I know that acrylic can be expensive, but breaking it down to each individual item, it is not that bad. I did decide to go for mesh rather than acrylic for the divided tank anyways x) WHICH I will post pictures of the progress of that said tank eventually.

I tried to find beanie boxes and they are non-existent around me apparently? It is odd.

Most snails breed on their own, but I know some snails (apple snails) are not too hard if you make sure to have a bunch together since they do need a male and a female to procreate.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #157 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You might be able to breed neons.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #158 
Sena Hansler

Neons? Perhaps.

So, found another breeder which *hopefully* I am obtaining a koi HM pair, and a lavender female to go with my lavender HMPKEE male
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #159 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love the Koi Bettas. Are they expensive?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #160 
Sena Hansler

55 for the pair. I asked specifically for a koi pair. I'll post pictures if I can.