Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #161 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Neons one or two Spawns would make up a shipment ot two. If you sell Cardinals make sure there wild caught.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #162 
logisticsguy

You can do it Sena! As you know our dreams and plans are not that different. I have 3 stores in Calgary that are waiting for HM betta from my tanks right now. There is a market. My online store will be up and running in February and I will be in need of more variety I could possibly produce, I only breed HMs and it would be great if you could help me supply the market Im developing as well. The betta specific product suppliers have been lined up but I will be in need of quality breeders such as yourself to make this work as well as I want it too. Thanks for your help in the last couple months. If there is anything I can help you with just let me know.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:28 AM   #163 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I tried to find beanie boxes and they are non-existent around me apparently? It is odd.
I am pretty sure they still sell them but now that the beanie baby fad is over they may just list them under a different name. If you make your own though you could design it to better suit bettas and even sell them to other breeders. I know the most important thing about acrylic is smooth cuts so you can fuse it back together. It's something that could be easily started as a home business. Betta friendly filters are another idea as well. So many things that could improve a Betta's life that no one makes.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #164 
Sena Hansler

Logistics, sounds good! I noticed small chain stores want miracles... I can't breed 5 spawns at a time every month.

Phaydra that's true. No one really makes anything - ooo had an idea. About filters. I'd have to try it out though... I'll post a rough sketch of the idea.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #165 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You can store semi aquatic in filter. Oog refuigums full of plants. And maybe some animals.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #166 
Sena Hansler

Well, you know how it is not the intake that really is the problem? Just the flow? Which most filters do not come adjustable (asides from Marina I think it is, which has 2-3 separate slots for the actual cartridge, and has an adjustable flow) First I thought.... what about a hood that has a bowl-like spot where the flow hits? With the right amount of holes drilled (acrylic) it could go through still, but would become more like rain - which I may actually use something similar for breeding x)

Anyways, instead, have it similar to a breeder's box - where it attaches by hooking onto the side of the tank, but keeping it so the filter fits ontop without problems. I'd have to try this out many many times to get the right amount of holes to the certain size of filter to avoid over-flowing, but that could work?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #167 
Mo

Sena. I think foods should be displayed like this.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #168 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Well, you know how it is not the intake that really is the problem? Just the flow? Which most filters do not come adjustable (asides from Marina I think it is, which has 2-3 separate slots for the actual cartridge, and has an adjustable flow) First I thought.... what about a hood that has a bowl-like spot where the flow hits? With the right amount of holes drilled (acrylic) it could go through still, but would become more like rain - which I may actually use something similar for breeding x)

Anyways, instead, have it similar to a breeder's box - where it attaches by hooking onto the side of the tank, but keeping it so the filter fits ontop without problems. I'd have to try this out many many times to get the right amount of holes to the certain size of filter to avoid over-flowing, but that could work?
I could see it working. Similar to a spray bar but I find I always have to stuff those with sponge to slow the flow down.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #169 
Sena Hansler

Oh! another idea on top of that.

Could also make a hood that has cut outs for the heater, filter, etc... And have a similar idea for the filter as mentioned, however instead have it go across the back of the tank's hood, sort of like an out-of-water chamber, that spreads the water evenly? I'll try this out of course xD And post results too.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #170 
Phaydra

I am really interested to see what you come up with