Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #1 
splurj

A red patch has appeared on my bettas head, do I need to worry?

Name:  betta.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  39.8 KB

I've just noticed this red patch has appeared on my bettas head above it's left eye. My betta is mostly blue but has hints of red in it's fins, pretty much the same colour as this patch that has appeared.

Should I worry about it? Is it natural for this to happen or is it some sort of disease do you think?

Any advice would be very much appreciated, thank you.
splurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #2 
AyalaCookiejar

Do you think it looks fuzzy? Many bettas change colors and I know that it is hard to tell the difference between normal coloring and not normal coloring at times... If he acts any different then it may be something to worry about, but if his behavior is normal it may be just a color change.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #3 
callistra

It's hard to tell and with your photo quality your betta actually looks bright Christmas green and black.. so I know I'm not getting a fair representation of what the patch really looks like. Does it look like he's missing scales? Is it fuzzy? Is it abnormal at all except in color? If you can get some different photos that would be helpful, otherwise I just want to make sure we're not missing anything so please fill this out: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote