Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #1 
aemaki09

Will this grow back?

So this girl is my only columnaris survivor so far (other than the girls that havent caught it)
She's acting normal now, but her mouth seems to be getting worse. Do you think that it'll grow back? She has a hard time holding onto and eating food, so I dont want to torcher her and let her starve to death, so if nobody thinks it'll grow back, and in a week or so it hasn't gotten any better, or just keeps getting worse, Im considering euthanizing her. I'd rather not have her suffer. Someone please give me some advice!
I would hate to see her go as she's been such a strong willed survivor so far, but it doesnt seem fair to let her starve to death either. I really dont know what to do at this point.

I dont have a good picture of her originally, but here's how its progressed over the last few days. I know it just looks like she's keeping her mouth open, but she actually has no lips to close it anymroe.

Sorry for the bad picture quality but my camera is broke, and theres furan 2 tinting the water, so my cell phone isnt focusing very well

this is how she looked after her first treatment was over for about 2-3 days:
4 days ago.

2 days ago: Started treatment as soon as I noticed this.

NOW:
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #2 
Tikibirds

Fins and scales will grow back - not sure about lips.
I had a girl that had something rot away her upper lip - I'm assuming columnaris but there was no fuzz - she could still scoop food into her mouth but she died en route from alaska to NY so I don't know if, given time, her lip would of healed.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #3 
aemaki09

Yeah I think I'm going to keep an eye on her for a few weeks and see if it grows any and if not i need to make sure she figures out a way to eat.
I just really do not want to see her suffer, and rot away. I would rather make it quick and painless if need be.

On another note. My baby betta is pineconing but acting completely fine other than SBD, I can't decide what to do about it. :(
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote