Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 
Aside

YAY! new betta

I just got myself a new betta. He's lovely (at least I think so) and I wanted to share him with you so you can all think so too. Also, name suggestions are welcome. I'm thinking Albus but am totally open to suggestions.

he's currently living in a 2 gallon hex (why do they call them 2 gallon it's actually closer to 1.5) but I bought a 2.5 gallon mini bow today (my dad is going to kill me) that I'm setting up. It's going to be an npt.

Anyway, I haven't mastered the art of photographing bettas yet so please bare with me.

and a preview of his his new tank

Aside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #2 
Braided Kitteness

I agree! He is pretty cute.
Braided Kitteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Lovely. May I suggest live plants.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #4 
MoonShadow

Awwww he's adorable! Love his colors! I love the name Albus (huge Harry Potter fan here!)
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #5 
Aside

thanks guys! He doesn't seem to want to be friends but hopefully he'll warm up to me once he realized I'm his only supply of food xD.

You may xD. I'm actually already getting them which is why I upgraded to the 2.5. I wanted the hood so I didn't have to deal with an external lamp. It's going to be a walstead planted tank. The soil is already in there.

and lol thank. It's either Albus or Aberforth or something along those lines.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would suggest an Assasin to you they help with sand.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #7 
veilmist

My! He is quite the striking fish! I'm sure he will warm up to you in time. :)
veilmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bettas love the Feeder.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #9 
aemaki09

Aw he's a cutie!! Looks like he's got some dragon scaling in the one pic! Goodluck with the NPT! Soon as I can make it out to home depot I'm going to be switching all my tanks over to that too! I'd like to know how yours goes if you wouldn't mind keeping me updated through pm or something? :)

I've got a boy who took a month to warm up and stop being skiddish but he's come around now, and I'm back in that same situation with my newest boy, he literally bolts and shakes when I come too close!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #10 
Aside

He was perfectly friendly for the first couple hours than I ran out to get more sand for the new tank and I cam back and now he just hides. I think my dog might have traumatized him? She doesn't like him very much but I don't think she really gets that he's alive. She just doesn't seem to like that I"m paying attention to this bucket of water.

I think he does have some dragon scaling. That's part of what drew me to him. That and his color, you can't really tell in the picture but he's kind of a pinkish purple. He's got a couple really small holes in his fins but hopefully they will heal up with some nice warm, clean water and some IAL. Though my IAL doesn't really seem to be releasing tannins. Is there a shelf life on these things?

And, chocolatebetta, I'm getting plants from someone locally. They agreed to include a couple of trumpet snails. If their population takes off I might add an assassin as well.