Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #11 
MusicEmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
Id skip the pleco and loach and go with the neons...make sure you research the neons tho, they are picky little buggers and have a hard time surviving in certain water perams. I hear white cloud minnows and zebra danios are decent...as well as pygmy cories but im not sure how readily avail they are?
My dad has had a tank with with neons for most of my life (sadly all the fish died several years ago and he's refused to use his 25 gallon since.), so I know about them. I do my research, don't worry! I would never, ever buy any type of fish if I didn't think I could take the best care of it. Hence why I posted this question!
MusicEmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I just use varied flakes for my bronze. They only eat flakes.
They don't eat anything else? o.O Those flakes are high quality, right? Mine are bronze too, but the albino kind.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicEmo View Post
My dad has had a tank with with neons for most of my life (sadly all the fish died several years ago and he's refused to use his 25 gallon since.), so I know about them. I do my research, don't worry! I would never, ever buy any type of fish if I didn't think I could take the best care of it. Hence why I posted this question!
Sorry that his fish died. D: And that's good to here that you do research, unlike those pet store people who want money.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #14 
MusicEmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Sorry that his fish died. D: And that's good to here that you do research, unlike those pet store people who want money.
Not all pet store people are bad. The pet store owner in my town is the sweetest lady ever. She only wants the best for her animals. She gives the bettas the biggest tanks she can, with the best tank mates possible (If she can't get them in a solo tank), and she never puts two bettas close to each other. When I bought my new betta today she gave me one of the plants from his tank so he could have something familiar that he loved in his new home, and she charged me a little less for it (normally it was 5, she gave it to me for 3)! She even gave me a pretty large bag of blood worms yesterday because my other betta is a picky eater, and she was happy to see me doing my best to make him the happiest possible.
MusicEmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
They don't eat anything else? o.O Those flakes are high quality, right? Mine are bronze too, but the albino kind.
The Wafers here dont seem the best. I use 3 brands of flakes. I have the Albino Kind too.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #16 
Elsewhere

I would suggest not getting any neons with a Betta. In the summer I got 5 glowlight Tetras and my Betta, Pigg, literally ate them all after the course of a few weeks. I didn't even notice they were missing until it was too late. My friend had also at that point decided to get some Neons to go in with her Betta (she got 7, had a larger than I did) and had to return them after her Betta killed 2. It could just be our fish (hers died a few weeks ago, he was about three), but my Betta gets along fine with my Otos and my Mystery Snail, so they may have just been too flashy.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Many People have success with Neons. But keeping an eye on them and haveing a plan B is important.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta male, good match, tank mates