Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #101 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Cho, the tank is sealed at the top. And my estimates were for the increased water volume for different dimentions of the small "cup" area on the front so that BB could add the main tank to the cup to see which he (or she?) likes best.

BB, let me know if you need any other dimentions worked out okay?
Posted via Mobile Device
I am talking about the amazon one. You can see the hole.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #102 
FishyFishy89

Remember pet stores actually measure the largest area.
The frame is pretty wide. I've seen that exact one in person. I know for a fact it isn't 5.8 gallons.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #103 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Remember pet stores actually measure the largest area.
The frame is pretty wide. I've seen that exact one in person. I know for a fact it isn't 5.8 gallons.
Oh yea. Forgot about that. Hmmm.

Any way, so.. 15 wide, 12 tall, 3 deep, & a big bowl. Adequate?

Keep in mind I have to balance the bettas perfect requirements,
with astetics and low cost of manufacture.
BetterBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #104 
Bluewind

Considering the 7 inch total depth at the cup that could be used for turning and such, I could see the depth working. Do yall think the width will work at 4in? I think it should, but I don't stock HMs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #105 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Considering the 7 inch total depth at the cup that could be used for turning and such, I could see the depth working. Do yall think the width will work at 4in? I think it should, but I don't stock HMs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Are you referring to width of bowl at 4 inch? If so I was thinking bigger. Like 6" ! I want it to work with more than half moons also. Do I need to go 3.5 depth and 16 wide on the main tank area as well?

Last edited by BetterBettas; 12-31-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #106 
bettasareawesome

I don't think you would need to. But if you want to make it bigger go for it.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #107 
callistra

It looks very cool but.. I don't see the practicality for betta keeping. Bettas like wider shallower areas.. that has a very small area they can head to to breathe, and if you have a jumper you'd be in trouble.. the depth of the thing is also concerning..they have almost no horizonal swim area at all. Also with something that size and especially with no filter 2 weekly water changes would be needed, one of which being 100% along with a thorough rinsing of gravel to remove all debris/poop.. you'd have to dismantle the whole thing and put it back together to clean it. I can't see that happening. Also, they really need places like caves and plants to feel protected and not exposed or they get very stressed and more easily sick.. at least all the ones I've ever had have been that way.. I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but I see this along the same lines as all those other decorative little "for betta" items so many companies make that look really cool, but in reality just tend to lend itself to poor fish keeping, water quality issues, and very stressed fish.

Last edited by callistra; 12-31-2012 at 12:30 AM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #108 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasareawesome View Post
I don't think you would need to. But if you want to make it bigger go for it.
Nah, I dont want to. So I am set on 6 inch bowl, 15 wide 12 tall 3 deep. It will take a while to make it but I will be back with pictures for approval.

Oh and I'll take some pics of my 240 gallon for you guys to see on new years.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #109 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
It looks very cool but.. I don't see the practicality for betta keeping. Bettas like wider shallower areas.. that has a very small area they can head to to breathe, and if you have a jumper you'd be in trouble.. the depth of the thing is also concerning..they have almost no horizonal swim area at all. Also with something that size and especially with no filter 2 weekly water changes would be needed, one of which being 100% along with a thorough rinsing of gravel to remove all debris/poop.. you'd have to dismantle the whole thing and put it back together to clean it. I can't see that happening. Also, they really need places like caves and plants to feel protected and not exposed or they get very stressed and more easily sick.. at least all the ones I've ever had have been that way.. I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but I see this along the same lines as all those other decorative little "for betta" items that sell that really just tend to lend itself to poor fish keeping.
Very True. If you read over the 10 pages of replies you will see where I am trying to correct this issue. Thanks
Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 AM   #110 
bettasareawesome

Oooh i just remembered this one tank i cant remember its name but you could do easy water changes becuase if you poored water in a little tube would take the water into a cup or bucket. Or a little drainage lever like on big lemonade or water dispensers could help with water changes.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote