Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #31 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
Just want to catch you on something minor you had mentioned just for education and clarification reasons ;)...
1 male betta to any tank under 75 gallons.
On very rare occasion I heard of multiple males being kept in a heavily plantd 75+ gallon.
multiple males can share a larger tank, 5+ gallons if properly divided.
mult. females can be kept together in a minimum of 10 gallons also if heavily planted and there are plenty of hidy spots.

So just incase you did patten it for sale eventually, keep in mind that it wouldnt be suitable for 2 bettas =P
Good info. I actually could have guessed that. I'll be honest in that designing the tank came before the welfare of the fish. It was just supposed to be a prototype.

My other tanks impress with superior filtration, sumps, refugiums, lots of ( Poi) just learned that btw. I keep wild varieties of peacock bass, along with arowana, tigrinis catfish and amazon monster fish. I have never been big on small man made, inbred fish with unatural tails, albinism ect. But... The little betta is growing on me I must say.
BetterBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #32 
Friendlyfishies

lol bettas are pretty awesome! Those larger types would be so unique! That must be a lot of work?? I couldnt imagine the water changes lol...Do you have more larger tanks than the one you posted? Would love to see pics of the fish et...how exciting.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #33 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
lol bettas are pretty awesome! Those larger types would be so unique! That must be a lot of work?? I couldnt imagine the water changes lol...Do you have more larger tanks than the one you posted? Would love to see pics of the fish et...how exciting.
I don't have larger tanks than the one posted. Just nicer. I have a 240 gallon that is my pride and joy. a 210, 125, 75, and a few smaller quarantine tanks.
I will post some pics of my 240 when I take some.

Here is a paintbrush pic I just made to help those who need a little explaining on how it works.

Here is a video I found on an upside down tank that uses the same principle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miAfNiVWjqw

Last edited by BetterBettas; 12-29-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added video link
Old 12-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #34 
babystarz

It's too bad you won't be mass producing these, I really like the look. Any chance I could talk you into building me an acrylic paludarium?
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #35 
Myates

Ah.. that upside down tank thing..

If anything.. flip it sideways. Think length rather than height.. I could picture a wall hanging tank for bettas that is about 24" long <--->, 6-8" tall ^ and 4-6" width front to back.. will give lots of straight swim space, shallow like a betta likes.. how about something in that direction? Would need a sturdy base to hold it on the wall.. but plausible.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #36 
BetterBettas

I'm taking in everyone's ideas. I am interested in something simple, that can be easily mass produced and sell to entry level betta keepers. The true betta enthusiast may be to demanding and critical to try marketing toward. I don't want to make custom tanks for individuals as it is time consuming and not cost effective.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #37 
Bluewind

Totally understandable. Asking our opinion is a good idea though. We can spot those "kinks in the armor" that could become headaches later on. Biggest things are lid so they can't jump out but can still breath, increased depth to give it more room to turn as well as increase the gallons of water, make sure cleaning, pwc, and removal of dead stock is possible, and maybe planting made possible (you will need florecent lights to help them grow).

Out of curiosity, could a 3D background be possible? Maybe someting that looks like a path leading up to a functional castle that the fish could go inside of? It could be very girly for a little princess's room.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 12-29-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #38 
sainthogan

I like the concept, but definitely needs a lid. My girl jumped out of her tank chasing a fruit fly (at least I'm assuming so since she's a little piggy and we had a fruit fly infestation at the time). She was out of the water at least a half an hour before I found her, she's ok, and now, 3 months later, you'd never even have know it happened. But I learned my lesson, and would never put her in anything that couldn't be covered.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #39 
BetterBettas

I painted the back of the tank blue. But you could put any background or whatever you like behind it. Im still working on the lid.

Here is some requested POI

Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #40 
sainthogan

nice
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote