Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #11 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Internal Parasites. Dont add warm water that causes shock. Heaters are best.
What makes you think parasites?
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Lack of Appetite.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #13 
Kithy

Could be but there's more than one reason he'd be refusing food. We still need a bit more information before an accurate diagnosis can be made.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #14 
Bettafishy17

I put a blanket under his tank and around. I also took a look at his food and it said fish meal and brine shrimp meal. is that good? when i clean his tank tomorrow i will have to make his water a little warmer and get a thermometer. thanks so much for the help :) i also look out for him being constipated.
Bettafishy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #15 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafishy17 View Post
I put a blanket under his tank and around. I also took a look at his food and it said fish meal and brine shrimp meal. is that good? when i clean his tank tomorrow i will have to make his water a little warmer and get a thermometer. thanks so much for the help :) i also look out for him being constipated.
Should be good. When you put warm water in it might take longer to cool down though so you might want to set the water out tonight and just put in room temp water. The food sounds okay, no wheat or anything so it should be fine.

If he still doesn't want to eat you can try soaking the food in a bit of garlic, they usually can't refuse it (too yummy).

But as Choclate said, it could be parasites as well so if he does poop make sure it is the same color as the food you're feeding him as well as there's nothing white or stringy attached. If he's swelling anywhere that could be another sign. Keep a close eye on him and I'd suggest a heater if you can get one.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #16 
Bettafishy17

if one of the ingredients, 6th or 7th from first ingredients say wheat gluten, is this okay? also if parasites is the case, what can i do to get rid of them? also, my tank has an led light, does this help?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #17 
Kithy

As long as the first two or three are fish or meat type meal, it should be okay.

Parasites, I'm not too sure. They usually pop up when you're feeding too much or water quality is bad. It might depends on the type of parasite. I've heard some foods can help.
http://www.petco.com/product/112087/...Fish-Food.aspx
This claims to have anti-parasitic properties. NLS is a pretty good brand so I suppose this might be a good try. I know it looks expensive but it'll last awhile. Only feed your betta 2-3 pellets two times a day with one day where he does not get fed.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #18 
Bettafishy17

oh i forgot to metion that i ordered parasite and disease prevention stuff, its called betta revive .08 Oz. is this stuff good to use because it said that it would help with diseases, but i'm not sure. would it work?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #19 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafishy17 View Post
oh i forgot to metion that i ordered parasite and disease prevention stuff, its called betta revive .08 Oz. is this stuff good to use because it said that it would help with diseases, but i'm not sure. would it work?
I've not used it before so I can't help, I'm sorry :<
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #20 
Bettafishy17

what do u use when your fish get sick?

Tags
betta help, disease, emergencies, help!, not eating