Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #11 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMyster View Post
I agree with you guys about how these girls should be punished; however, there are some factors to consider. While I documented EVERYTHING they did, even going as far as texting an RA friend to "visit" the room while they were actively doing drugs in my living area, as well as taking pictures of everything they destroyed (including the tank post-abuse - it would horrify you to see the pictures, so I will spare you guys), there is no "proof", according to residence life, that they did it. Just as there was no "proof" when I went to campus safety to report the extravagant light-up Christmas decorations that had been stolen from the neighborhood around campus that magically appeared in my dorm room. I had to be very careful about what I did. If I had gone to more extreme measures, my own safety would have been in jeopardy, as I had already been threatened. If I said anything, I was told, "I will f- you up." Considering the girl in question already has a pending felony on her hands, I was not going to question it.

I don't mean to play this off as no big deal. It is a BIG. DEAL. But at the time I was concerned for my own safety and there was only so much I could do without them realizing I was being a snitch. Everything they did I reported and sent pictures of to Housing, and they Housing knew all of it. Given the circumstances, when they DID do a room search the one time I reported drug use in the room, Housing made it exceedingly difficult for the girls NOT to be kicked out of the dorms. They stuck it through enough to finish this semester, however... but two (the worst two) of the three are transferring/dropping out now, so there will be no unfortunate "fourth girl"... although maybe she should watch her stuff with a klepto in the room. I don't know, guys. It was really hell. I would have done more if I could have, but do you see the rut I was in?
Yeah...that's why my outrage is aimed at the school and not you. As much as I hate to say it, your rut doesn't surprise. I never really expected you to do more than you already have done if you were able to get a new room. Even that takes the drive and detemination to jump through countless flaming hoops. I expected the school to actually protect one of its students from a dangerous situation. But as I said earlier, that only happens in my dreams.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #12 
Bluewind

I'm glad that you're out of that situation now hun. Is there any way that you can get protection from these bullies?

I lived in abuse for years at the hands of my own mother, so I get why you most likely got more upset when they hurt your baby than you. It's still sick what they did to you and your fish though. Which one of the girls is still on campus? You might need to talk to someone outside of school to get the severity of her bullying on record. That way - if she tries anything - the police can have a history of abusive actions to give your story more weight.

By the way, how has his tail recovered? And is that the only bad thing wrong with him physically? I know everyone is worried about the soap, but I am also worried about the vomit. The girls were known drug users and some nasty stuff could have been in their stomaches. Or they could have just poured straight drugs in there (I doubt that they would "waste" their presious drugs, but you never know).
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-02-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #13 
jinxhex

That is really awful. How would someone get entertainment from putting throw up in a fish tank? For any reason? I'm glad your fish is okay, hopefully he can eventually get back to the way he was before!
jinxhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Report them. For vandalism and drugs. I love the Betta.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #15 
Fishybitty

That is terrible. Animal cruelty. What the heck did the fish do? Well, I'm glad hes alive and that you got a studio apartment. They should of gave you a giftcard to buy him some gifts for his trauma!
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #16 
jeaninel

What a terrible thing to do. I will never understand how someone can be so cruel. The bullies should be made to repay you for your losses, not the school. And what an absolutely gorgeous betta you have there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jeaninel; 01-02-2013 at 09:43 PM.
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #17 
logisticsguy

Terrible story. Glad your outta there. Miracle that your fish survived.

Awful people your former room mates. I may have lost it and attacked them.

You handled it well.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #18 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would have beenm arrested. For "attemted murder" I call it revenging/defending my fish.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #19 
Kim

Wow.....just wow :(

I agree that it seems as if you are due for a school transfer. I cannot imagine actually paying for such abuse! Perhaps you could bring it to court...or even just threaten to bring it to court (maybe you'd get some money back). I certainly wouldn't continue to pay this establishment for an "education."

All I can say is that if this had happened to me, it would not have ended well at all....for them.....
Every time I read a story like this, I loose even more hope for humanity...and am even more grateful for my martial arts background.

I'm glad your fish is doing fine though - what a tough little guy.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am concerned with the drugs you said they use.