Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am against lying too. But I would rather the lizard have a good home.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #12 
hannah16

I don't think anoles eat bloodworms but I offered them to her.. She's pretty skinny.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #13 
NeptunesMom

In my state pet stores can not take native species. It is illegal, and I am assuming it is in Texas as well. If I were you, I would contact your local animal control and ask if they know of any local wildlife rescues.

An Anole is not that difficult to care for if you do decide to keep it. Crickets are usually .11-.20 cents a piece depending on where you buy them. Worst case scenario it can survive in a small space until spring, it just needs food, warmth and humidity. You can achieve those with warm wet towels over the top of the tank. It should have substrate, but I suppose if you have nothing else a towel would work too. But this would only suffice short term, if you want to keep it you need at least a 10g, substrate and a heat source.

I should add a disclaimer, I DO NOT have an anole, but I work in a pet store that sells anoles.

Last edited by NeptunesMom; 12-28-2012 at 04:00 PM.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #14 
shellieca
Reference Team

Apparently he or she was surviving in the "wild".
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #15 
hannah16

I don't have cash to buy her anything.. I have her in one of my bettas spare cups and offered her bloodworms. I'll put a warm towel over her; if I can't find anyone to take her and I still have her next week, I'll buy her a medium sized petco "critter keeper" and set her up in it. Most likely petco will take her as long as she has a set up and they'll adopt her out for free or cheap to a person with lizard experience.. I put her up for adoption on CL.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #16 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
Apparently he or she was surviving in the "wild".
She wondered into my house for warmth, obviously she isn't doing well. I can count her ribs; I'll run out to Petsmart tomorrow and get her some crickets.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #17 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
I don't have cash to buy her anything.. I have her in one of my bettas spare cups and offered her bloodworms. I'll put a warm towel over her; if I can't find anyone to take her and I still have her next week, I'll buy her a medium sized petco "critter keeper" and set her up in it. Most likely petco will take her as long as she has a set up and they'll adopt her out for free or cheap to a person with lizard experience.. I put her up for adoption on CL.
Be careful with CL adoptions. Even lizards are food for certain things. And, people may take her just to feed to to something.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #18 
hannah16

I know, I'm requiring a $5 fee and proof of anole experience, such as a current tank set up or vet bills or a receipt of purchasing one.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #19 
bettasareawesome

At the very least put her under a lamp to give her some extra heat and maybe offer her a bit of cut up fruit or pea or something. I have no experience with anholes but i do with bearded dragons.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #20 
hannah16

The website said she needs a heater, so I'll set her under a lamp with the towel?? ... Please don't "speak" to me like I'm an idiot... I mean I know nothing about lizards, I'm just trying. I'm nearly positive she'll die in this weather... She's about the size of my pinky..