betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/greenanole.htm
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #22 
hannah16

According to a few websites I found anoles eat flies. So I caught one that has been in my house since yesterday and managed to get it into her cup.. She isn't eating it yet but she's shown interest.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #23 
homegrown terror

do you have a garage or basement? if so, you could set up a little heater or lamp for her in there so she can keep warm till spring, when she'll most likely find her own way out.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #24 
hannah16

I have neither.. I wish I did. In TX because of flooding?? Basements are normally not built. Also, this place only has a car port.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #25 
LadyVictorian

Wish I still lived in TX I use to own anoles. First off they need heat and humidity and like crickets the most, mealworms work too or you can dig up earthworms and grasshoppers from outside. mine ate pretty much every bug I gave it, even small spiders. A setup for a anole is fairly cheap too, 10 gallon tank with cover, heater, spray bottle, gravel, and a rock cave. They only really need food twice a week and can survive off that. I fed my boy three times a week though and he got snacks here and there since I raised crickets and mealworms myself. I would hold onto her till spring then set her free again though. Not sure wild caught ones ever truly adapt to captivity and they tend to die younger than captive bred ones.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #26 
hannah16

I got her to eat the fly last night but I got an email and this is what it said:

As an experienced reptile owner I would recommend just letting the lizard go. Generally when they come in from outside and get stuck in a cage they either don't eat or become so stressed that illness can set it and they won't last very long. I know it may not seem like the right thing to do but since it was a wild animal the best thing for it is to return it to the wild.

I will be releasing her today as I'd hate for her to die in my care. I realize anoles can be pets, but if she'll be too stressed to eat, she'll simply starve. Today isn't too cold, I'll set her out near the woods. Thanks to all whom replied.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It probablly came inside because it is too cold.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote