Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #11 
aemaki09

With some fish you cant really tell, the ones you can tell on will have a bulge, and look like they are bloated. Normally though, if she is flirting with him, and has breeding stripes you are good to go.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #12 
stangant

Ok so here is a close up of her. Sorry she kept hiding from the phone but does she look ready to be released and when should I release her? Can I do it now and monitor or should I do it right before all the lights get turned out. I have seen it done differently so I am just not sure.

stangant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #13 
rubinthebetta

Hmm...not sure. BTW, even if the parents are EE the fry might not be EE since it's a recessive trait. Just a heads up.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #14 
stangant

oh I know, and that is fine, I don't plan on this being the only spawn.. more of a challenge. hehe.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #15 
aemaki09

Looks like she's either bloated or has eggs. I think your safe. How long and how are you doing the conditioning?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #16 
stangant

well I have had their tanks next to each other and been cleaning both a lot. I went to petco and also purchased some frozen food to place some in each tank to tell them that there is a food supply for the young. I then added the ial leaves and have been putting her into his tank in a bottle. This has all been going on for some time now. In prep for the first encounter.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #17 
MSG

Saw your video feed the other day...

Pretty cool to watch, but they weren't doing much of anything. F was trapped in the bottle & male was just zipping around back & forth treading water.

BTW, I would remove the barnacle ornament. It's completely useless in a spawn setup & it's dangerous too.

The openings in that particular ornament are way too small & edges are sharp, it's an accident waiting to happen.

What type of frozen food did you buy?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #18 
stangant

The holes are not even big enough for there heads and he stays away from it, it was in their more for the shrimp and I was thinking of keeping it for the baby's but I guess I will remove it for now.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #19 
aemaki09

Sounds like your good to go!
When I do it I'll stick them both divided in the spawn tank Winfield the male gets a good best built and then a day after I see it at a good size I let them loose, seems to make it happen faster ime.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #20 
stangant

I have released her but it seems like he is more interested in just killing her... not sure I want him killing an expensive import that I have grown to like more then him... lol