Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #1 
DragonFish

Ahem. So.....

....we went into Petsmart yesterday to pick up a couple puppy things after little Tillys vet visit. Of course, I snuck off to take a peek at the betta shelves. I was a little sad to see just what was leftover of the guys and gals from about a week ago. They were quite sad looking, all of them were at least clamped, and several of them had finrot and SBD....and they REALLY needed a water change. :/

Anyway, not wanting to look at such a sad site any longer, I went off to look around elsewhere....and at the end of the fish section I noticed a cart filled with bags and cups.
There was a new shipment.
Poor employee. xD I think I surprised her, darting over there and kneeling down to look through all the new bettas. I was super excited. In my Petsmart the bettas sell out pretty quickly, so getting first pick of this absolutely GORGEOUS new shipment....I was just in fishy heaven. xD
They had these LOVELY PKs, a couple adorable marbles, a black copper, and a yellow dragon....I wanted them ALL! <3 But the one that really caught my attention was a cute little copper CT with these little solid pectorals(not sure if hes technically considdered an EE/Dumbo, but his pectorals are definitely bigger then any of my other boys!).

Now, I have a thing for CTs(and colored pectorals)....closely followed by PK/HMPKs, they are and have always been my very favorite tail type. But, finding a nice unique CT with decent form and finagle has proved to be quite the task around here.....CTs, from what I've seen, really seem to sell the best around here for some reason. xP Theres always only just four or five at most on the shelves whenever I go in.
So I just had to snatch him up.

I couldn't get many pictures of him. Hes not fond of the light on the tank hes currently hanging out in, and over all is a tad bit skiddish and shy....though after a couple days of shipping and then being bounced around a little coming home with me, I'm sure hes been though quite a lot. Hes more active and inquisitive today however, still getting used to eating his pellets though. xD

I'll get some better shots at a later time, but for now I hereby introduce....Gwaine!

DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Wowie! He looks great! I'm sure his fins will open up much more soon. I just love his bronzy/coppery color. I've always wanted to sneak into their shipment lol.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #3 
madmonahan

Oh wow!! I have seen coppers but I love the copper and red, with solid ears! He is so pretty! :D sounds like your petstore has some unique Bettas!
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #4 
DragonFish

Thanks guys!! xD
Hes not really clamped, hes just a little stressed still and not overly fond of the camera. xD Hes swimming around right now very actively and his fins are much more open. He'll settle in and perk up more with some time though I'm sure. <3

Haha, my Petsmart is usually pretty decent when it comes to their stock. I've found some absolute gems there. And they go pretty quickly too, so really not a lot of bettas sit on the shelves for long really.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #5 
bryanacute

Just wait until crowntaillove3 gets here......
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #6 
Viva

WOW I love his colors and his Pectorals!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #7 
crowntaillove3

OH MY GOSH!!! Bryanacute was right! I'm a total sucker for crowntails, and you have one of the prettiest I've ever seen! What a good find for petsmart!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #8 
MoonShadow

Awwww what a little doll!!! In love!!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #9 
crowntaillove3

And every time that I have to get more food or conditioner (I like to convince my mom to take me on Tuesday, the day my petsmart gets new shipments) I always sneak over and look at the new bettas!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #10 
DragonFish

xD Thanks!!

Haha, it was definitely his pectorals that sealed the deal for me. I'm not such a huge fan of the big EE/dumbos because I know its gotta be hard for them to swim with those things....and they get tattered so easily....but this guys solid pectorals were just the right size and color and on top of that hes a CT and....<3 Ahh, hes just so adorable!

Hes moving around a lot more now even, popping a few bubbles and checking out his surroundings outside around his tank. xD I can't wait to get him more settled into his permanent setup after new years when I rearrange some boys. ;)

Haha, oh I ALWAYS look at the bettas. Doesn't matter where or when, if there is a pet section somewhere, I WILL go hunting for fish. Its an addiction. It really is. xD