Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #1 
aemaki09

Any of these guys worth it?

I got all of these guys from breeders. The CT I got when I really didnt know what to look for, I know he doesnt have a 180* spread, but I really like this boy. I didnt get to pick these PK's, I just got 3 fish out of a spawn and these are the 2 I have left, they dont have much of a slope on their anal's but thats about it. The black dragon I'm thinking about purchasing to breed to whichever of my boys is better, if they are even worth it.
SO I'd really appreciate some input!
Also, if you have any suggestions on what I should look for in females to better these guys, I'd appreciate that as well.

Blue CT - Impossible to get him to flare and stay still, so these are the best pics I could get. He's still young - so I'm hoping his caudal rays will extend more?

Black Dragon Female -- Only pic available. Bummed she isnt flared out. Fin tears are from recent spawning. But she's priced well, proven breeder, and an interesting color. IMO

The darker of my 2 PK's

The lighter PK

aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #2 
bryanacute

They are beautiful.... um...um.... don't know your name..... They where totally worth it from what I can see in the provided pictures!
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #3 
Perry the platypus

I like the CT.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #4 
aemaki09

Bryana - my name is anna :)

Thanks for the compliments but I really want to know what I should work on if I breed them or if I should bother breeding them at all. I eventually want to get some off to shows
Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #5 
aemaki09

Apparently I have a bid in on this guy too, didnt realize it until I was looking around on AB just now.
Thoughs on him?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

Hmm... The CT seems to have his topline sloping down, might be a moderate fault. You want a nice graceful topline like your HMPKs. His 1st dorsal ray is quite long, a point added. If breeding him, try to keep a solid blue. I heard iridescence with solid colors is a fault, but that might just be for reds and blacks.. The orange copper HMPK seems to have a lot of branching. It's like a OHMPK now. The color is quite nice and appears to be a skyhawk. Not sure on that one, though.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #7 
aemaki09

Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #8 
Maddybelle

I had a bid on the gold dragon HMPK a few weeks ago, but I guess whoever beat me flaked out. You could get him and find a nice matching female, but I really like your CT boy, I'd pick a different female for him. Crossing CT to another tail type creates a bunch of messy finned fish.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love that gold dragon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #10 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddybelle View Post
I had a bid on the gold dragon HMPK a few weeks ago, but I guess whoever beat me flaked out. You could get him and find a nice matching female, but I really like your CT boy, I'd pick a different female for him. Crossing CT to another tail type creates a bunch of messy finned fish.
The hmpk female wasn't for him. I have some females being sent to me from a breeder that I know fairly well who didn't have any pics available just told me colors. So I can't post pics of them. He always has good stock IMO though
Someone beat me out on the gold dragon last minute too. That's fine though. The seller didn't have any feedback as a seller, just a buyer, so I was kind of worried it was too good to be true. The bid was only at $5.
And the seller re-listed the female hmpk that I posted on here so I guess I have to look for different girls for my 2 boys.

Any suggestions on which of the PK's I should pick to use? I think the darker one has messier rays, but the lighter one doesnt have enough slope on his anal fin.
Thanks!!