Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #1 
Inari

Cool Kazuki

I'd like to introduce my wonderful betta, Kazuki, to everyone on the forum. He's currently being housed in an Aqueon 2.5 Mini Bow with a filter and heater. I did have two other bettas, however; I gave them and their 10 gallon tanks to my father because I'm moving into a new room and there's not enough room for larger tanks and he's going to be buying me an entire bedroom set (I wanted to repay him in a way). He's always wanted an aquarium of his own, so now he has two. I hope that I can trust him to take care of the bettas properly.

Before I show you the picture(s), I want to apologize for the terrible quality. I'm taking the picture(s) with an iPhone 3GS and they aren't the best cameras in the world. The lighting of the tank is also somewhat bad. Kazuki likes to surf the glass; he's a little too quick for the camera sometimes so I ask for you to have patience if you request for a better picture.
Attached Images

Inari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #2 
jinxhex

Wow he looks nice! I really like his color
jinxhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #3 
MistersMom

hes very pretty I had a few similar to him but yours is much prettier.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #4 
Inari

Kazuki likes to come up to the glass while I'm reading things on the Internet. It's like he knows what the sites are saying. I'm lucky to have a betta with such handsome coloring and a golden personality. I've noticed that it's a bit complicated to find a betta that isn't red or blue over here. Many of the bettas are lone wolves.

Kazuki caught my attention from the very beginning. It wasn't his color that got me at first, it was actually the way he was acting in the cup. The other bettas were laying, depressed and afraid, but not my little one. He was active and flaring at the surrounding cups with bettas in them. I didn't have the heart to leave him there.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #5 
jinxhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari View Post
Kazuki likes to come up to the glass while I'm reading things on the Internet. It's like he knows what the sites are saying. I'm lucky to have a betta with such handsome coloring and a golden personality. I've noticed that it's a bit complicated to find a betta that isn't red or blue over here. Many of the bettas are lone wolves.

Kazuki caught my attention from the very beginning. It wasn't his color that got me at first, it was actually the way he was acting in the cup. The other bettas were laying, depressed and afraid, but not my little one. He was active and flaring at the surrounding cups with bettas in them. I didn't have the heart to leave him there.
You made an excellent choice

Sometimes I wish I could just buy all the Bettas and save them from their tiny cups!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #6 
Inari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxhex View Post
Sometimes I wish I could just buy all the Bettas and save them from their tiny cups!
I have a good heart, so seeing animals in need breaks it. The choice to bring home a betta was difficult. There were many beautiful bettas; they were just depressed and afraid. I would be the same way if I was stuffed in a cup to live until I die or get bought. Choosing only one was a challenge for me because I had sympathy for them all. I knew what their fate was, but I also know that their sacrifice made it to where even less bettas were on that shelf the next time around.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #7 
jinxhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari View Post
I have a good heart, so seeing animals in need breaks it. The choice to bring home a betta was difficult. There were many beautiful bettas; they were just depressed and afraid. I would be the same way if I was stuffed in a cup to live until I die or get bought. Choosing only one was a challenge for me because I had sympathy for them all. I knew what their fate was, but I also know that their sacrifice made it to where even less bettas were on that shelf the next time around.
I agree 100%, about five days ago I walked into Petco just to get one Betta, and I came out with two, and now I'm thinking about getting some more!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #8 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Nice fish! And the pictures aren't that bad! Is he a orange Dalmatian? If he is, you might want to get into breeding
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #9 
Inari

To be honest, I'm not experienced enough to tell you if he's an orange dalmatian. I've only had Kazuki for about a month and the others for a couple of weeks before I figured out that I had to move to a new room and gave them to my father. These are the first bettas that I've ever had. Hopefully someone will come along and identify what he is.

I doubt it would be very smart to breed him anyway. He's a betta from the grocery store so I'm unsure of his background. Kazuki is also a Veiltail and, from what I'm aware, they are the most unwanted tail type. I don't want to put any bettas in the world that will just end up suffering somewhere. I'd need a lot of space for breeding bettas and I'm afraid that I don't have a lot.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #10 
Syriiven

He's beautiful, congrats!
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote