Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #91 
KoriC

I've recently renamed my boys. My BF suggested Squishy and I came up with pickle as a temporary name. It just doesn't suit either of them because Pickle isn't green and Squishy is anything but adorable.

I've named them Zuko and Sokka from Avatar because I'm a fan and their personalities seem to sinc up. My red DT is aggressive and moody, so he's named Zuko and my pale blue/purple dragonscale is so goofy, eating all the time and whot not it just seems to work for me.
KoriC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #92 
Minnieservis

I got two of my boys at the same time and wanted to keep a theme going with their names since I also had an unnamed baby. I had just watched Alice in wonderland and decided to go with some of my favorite characters. So my boys were named Absolem and Bayard. The baby was going to be either Alice or Kingsleigh depending on if it were a boy or a girl. He turned out to be a boy, and I also have another baby who I'm calling Nivens, but I am still a little undecided on that. My little girl is named Princess Petunia just because she is the cutest little thing ever and needed a cutesy little name to go with her personality :)
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #93 
Flapmon

We had originally kept to royal titles because the boys we originally bought looked so into themselves and that's where 'Prince' and 'King' come from, our next move was a veil tail and he's a complete softy with the name of 'Duke'. We got a girl next and decided to fall upon Disney princesses and named her 'Cinderella', she's a white HMPK. The next find was tricky since her colour hadn't exactly come through and the idea to name her after a gemstone of the colour she came to be was the plan so all of them together, "Sapphire, Emerald, Amethyst and Ruby" came to be 'Sear' which turned to 'Arse' as her personality became violent but once her colour showed she calmed down and became 'Amethyst' although a member here suggested 'Seppoku'? Which meant suicide in Chinese? Not quite sure. As for our last elephant boy? It was simply .. Ele from Elephant turned to Elliott. Suits him good enough. :P
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #94 
PopzTheBetta

Popz: looks like he has a mustash

ketchup: he is sweet and all red

oberon: its the fairy king in one of shakesperes plays i was reading at the time and he reminded me of a fairy pluse bettas are royale so yeah
PopzTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #95 
Sharpchick

Dubya is so named because he reminded me of a former US President. He is always on the lookout for WMBD - Weapons of Mass Betta Destruction.

He flares when the light on the heater comes on. He flares at the red in the bottom of the thermometer and attacks it. He flares when a stray stem from a plant floats by.

A guy just never knows when these things might be betta assassins in disguise, huh?
Sharpchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #96 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpchick View Post
Dubya is so named because he reminded me of a former US President. He is always on the lookout for WMBD - Weapons of Mass Betta Destruction.

He flares when the light on the heater comes on. He flares at the red in the bottom of the thermometer and attacks it. He flares when a stray stem from a plant floats by.

A guy just never knows when these things might be betta assassins in disguise, huh?
Well... At least he doesn't think all suction caps just SHOULDN'T be there then proceed to attack then until they pop off. He thinks he's so smart ...
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #97 
LyraDove

My fishy is a pale yellow female crowntail with big black eyes like the shiny button eyes on Lambchop -- a hand puppet from a popular early 60s kiddie show on tv. The sock puppet was cute with an innocent (totally blank) expression.

Last edited by LyraDove; 05-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.
LyraDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #98 
osromatra

New girls:

-Jadzia Dax: She has dalmation spots on her fins and is a teal color, like Jadzia's uniform was teal green like my girl is, plus the character is a Trill host, which have spots on the sides of their face.

-Aviendha: she's red, and has odd shaped fins (I think she has a double-tail gene or something, it's shaped almost like DT, but not evenly, and I don't think it's a tear. We shall see if it heals... Anyway, she has really interesting eyes, they are gold with a black bar in the center. She looks very tribal, so I went with Aviendha, a character from Robert Jordan's Wheel of TIme series, who has red hair and is from a tribal type nation.

-Arya Stark: she's a baby, a ruddy brown cambodian with a mask, so Arya she is. Arya is young and small and with the "Faceless Men" in George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. It fits her quite well.
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #99 
Adnamac

....all my names for my fish come from, or are based from, World of Warcraft. >.>

Leroy...as in LEROOOOOY JENKINSSSSS!
-My first betta, and the one who started the 'theme' naming. I hadn't had a name for him yet, but I made a comment to my sister and her bofriend and he's the one who suggested it. Based on Leroy's active aggressiveness. You walk up to his tank and he's all like 'wanna fight? Come on, let's go...I CAN TAKE YOU DOWN!'
Jenkins - SIP - My second betta...to go with Leroy.
Thera - short for Therazane.
Wrynn - a blue and white HM. His coloring reminded me of the Alliance faction.
Khadgar - my newest boy. No reasoning for it...just looked at him in my LPS and the name just fit.

And the three new ladies, as yet unseen...:-p

Lex - Cambodian female CT. Short for 'Alexstrasza'.
A'dal - sherbert-y orange VT lady
Sylvie - slightly marbled(?) CT lady - short for Sylvanas. :)

And those are my fishes, and all their WoW-nerd names.
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #100 
Minnieservis

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamac View Post
....all my names for my fish come from, or are based from, World of Warcraft. >.>

Leroy...as in LEROOOOOY JENKINSSSSS!
-My first betta, and the one who started the 'theme' naming. I hadn't had a name for him yet, but I made a comment to my sister and her bofriend and he's the one who suggested it. Based on Leroy's active aggressiveness. You walk up to his tank and he's all like 'wanna fight? Come on, let's go...I CAN TAKE YOU DOWN!'
Jenkins - SIP - My second betta...to go with Leroy.
Thera - short for Therazane.
Wrynn - a blue and white HM. His coloring reminded me of the Alliance faction.
Khadgar - my newest boy. No reasoning for it...just looked at him in my LPS and the name just fit.

And the three new ladies, as yet unseen...:-p

Lex - Cambodian female CT. Short for 'Alexstrasza'.
A'dal - sherbert-y orange VT lady
Sylvie - slightly marbled(?) CT lady - short for Sylvanas. :)

And those are my fishes, and all their WoW-nerd names.
So you have fish we haven't seen?! I vote you make a thread with pictures and story ASAP!
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote