Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiverdam View Post
.... Okay then.
Exactly my point...after reading all following posts
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #112 
Goodbettabest

I named Shredder & fax because they were originally supposed to be 'office' fish. Cho is named after the super cool Agent Cho from my favourite tv show, the Mentalist.
Goodbettabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #113 
jlllm

My 1st betta was Bluey. I let kids pick names for him and decided on the nicest (guess she picked it because of his long beautiful blue fins). My current betta is Blue2. He has 2 different shades of blue on him.
jlllm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #114 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Well I am new here , even so I have fishes for at least 15-20 years now its beyond me to give a tropical fish a name ...let alone to fantasize about it that he is responding to it
To be a passionate fish keeper is fine with me, but everything has its limits and thats plain crazy, sorry!
I don't think it's nice to call passionate pet owner's crazy. Or is that to say you are putting down the intelligence and ability to understand of tropical fish? Because their communication skills and ability to be trained and learn from us are greater than you might think. To be honest, it's not the least bit crazy, and is quite possible. What's crazy is to think that they are unable to recognize training of a physical or vocal nature. With patience, you can train him to respond to his name by saying it loudly and clearly only when you are going to feed him/her, and with time you only feed them after they come to the front of the tank after saying this name (or specific word, specific motion, etc). There are some people in this forum who have taught their bettas to jump for their food or do some simple tricks.

Now if you want to call someone crazy for thinking their betta just understood the depth of a 1500s poem that was just read to them, THEN I'll agree with you hehehe
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #115 
amzingaly

I can't imagine NOT naming my bettas! They have way to much personality to be called no name. My new boy is named Tonka because his grey color made me think of construction and then I thought of Tonka trucks haha.
amzingaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #116 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzingaly View Post
I can't imagine NOT naming my bettas! They have way to much personality to be called no name. My new boy is named Tonka because his grey color made me think of construction and then I thought of Tonka trucks haha.
Same for me! I mean, if I were a professional breeder I wouldn't name any of my fish, I think. But because mine are pets (for now anyway) they definitely need names. That's the difference, I think. Fish are fish to some people and fish are pets/companions even to others. I feel bad I haven't named my new guy!
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #117 
bettalover2000

My fish I named Prince William because I received him on the day after the Royal Wedding, so naturally I named my first girl fish Princess Kate. :)

Michael was named because I LOVED the name Michael when I got him. I was really little and I named him Michael, it was my cat's middle name, even a millipede was Christened Michael. ;)
I think I read too many "For Better Or For Worse" cartoons. :)
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #118 
Lights106

Ombre has a black body and then fades to red on his fins. BEAUTIFUL. Once his ick clears up I'll get better pics.
Gel was metallic coloring. Silver body then the fins had a pink/blue hue that reminded me of my Gel pens in high school that color changed. I am now looking for pens like that again. LOL Sadly he died.
I have a baby right now so I don't know it's gender and I don't want to name it till I bond more and maybe know the gender.
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #119 
bettalover2000

When I get my babies I will do the same thing, but It's knida funny to name a fish "Bob" for example, and when it turns out to be a girl it's Bobbie. ;) Know what I mean?
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #120 
charislynne

my fish is named Q-tip because he is dragon scale and his fins are tipped white.
charislynne is offline   Reply With Quote