Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #1 
Phaydra

Can You Help Name Me?

Hello I am a EE King HM Betta that has recently come to reside with my new family. I am dark blue and love to play chase the finger on the tank wall. I love spending time in my new floating Betta cave. I need a name to go with my new home. Can you help me?

Hello I am a Purple EE HM Betta. I love tormenting that evil betta reflected in my tank wall and enjoy finger food. Hahaha get it finger food cause I am a finger nibbler. I share a divided tank with my new brother and even though he much bigger then me I give him a flare every now and then to show him who is really boss of this tank. I need a name so I can be as cool as my new brothers. Will you help me?

Hello I am a Light Blue-Green EE HM Betta. I am very curious and find the sight of a hand outside me tank a comfort. I like looking at the marbles at the bottom of my tank for hours on end. My Ventral fins double back on themselves and I am camera shy. Can you help me with a new name?

Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #2 
Hijae

Amazingg fishhh hm big ears
Hijae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

Arthur
Archie
Vincent
Sebastian
Pericles
Hector
Ivan
Montgomery
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #4 
Phaydra

I like Sebastian for my little green boy.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #5 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Arthur
Archie
Vincent
Sebastian
Pericles
Hector
Ivan
Montgomery
I like all of those!

That little mesh house you made is awesome! One looks like it has javamoss inside? How did you make them?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #6 
Phaydra

It's a plastic mesh you can pick up at any craft store for needle point. Same stuff that the suggest here in a few threads to divide tanks. The one with the Subwussertang in it is experimental test run. I just sandwich between the finished mesh cave and a second piece cut a row bigger. I use fishing line to tie it all together. it's pretty easy to make. I cut a bottom piece to the length and width I want, then a piece that is the same width but about 3 time longer. Once attached to both sides it curves on it's own. Then I cut two pieces to match the curves and attach them. I cut the hole in the front and a small hole in the back for the suction cup. I used a Betta hammock with the wire removed and coated in silicon to finish it off. Both boy enjoy having a place to wedge themselves in at night where their little mouths can touch the surface. It's all soft plastic so I feel much better about them wedging there. I have 4 more made but need to pick up more Betta hammocks to complete them. I think all my little bottomless pits will enjoy them.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #7 
BettaPirate

I like Hector for the purple one.

maybe something like Blue Moon for the blue one.
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #8 
Phaydra

Hector suits him.

My blue EE is rather shy and even though he will flare back at Hector he seems of a much more calm and even disposition. I like the sound of Ivan but is it tied to some rather unpleasant history. Jovan is a variation of Ivan. So.......

Welcome Jovan, Hector, and Sebastion to the family of Bettafish.com! They join their brothers Big Red, Fluffy, and sister A-tsh-hi in our growing family bottomless pits.

Last edited by Phaydra; 01-02-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #9 
aemaki09

Cute name decisions!! and Cute bettas!!

I love seeing everyone name their new bettas on here. I started to but then everyone that had a name died so I'm not naming anymore
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #10 
Bluewind

Well darn! I missed the naming fun. When I read about that little dark dude hanging out in his cave, I just screamed BATMAN! Oh well. May your babies stay happy and healthy hun
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote