Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

As I did with the "1-2 gallon tanks!"

Or, have posted in the... "betta fish chat". And perhaps said they were going to try this out and if all else fails remove them.

I just do not want you to wake up to dead fish, Abby. I hope you know that.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #22 
babystarz

If someone wants to post about doing this, it's going to invite criticism because people are worried about the highly inevitable outcome. Don't want the criticism? Don't post about it. It's not the fault of the other people giving well-intended advice when someone does something like this and then gets defensive when told they've committed their fish to a time bomb of violent death. It's the simple truth. If you don't want to hear it, why post about what you're doing?

Last edited by babystarz; 12-31-2012 at 05:00 PM.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #23 
Rainbows

Location: In a house, in a town, in a state, in USA, on earth.
I have to agree with you Abby dear. I have a male and female that used to live together for awhile until I got another tank for the female. They lived peacefully and never bothered each other. I may say it all depends on the fish and there attitude. Sometimes, the color of both of the fish may cause a attack. That is why both of my Betta's that was put together was both dark colors that can blend into the dark plants. Hope they are both doing well, Abby!
Stay happy!
Rainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #24 
LadyVictorian

80 in 4 years o.o wow how long are your fish living because betta's with good care can and should live up to 3-5 years...come even 7.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Why ask for help if your just going to ignore it. Go to Yahoo.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #26 
LadyVictorian

I agree with Choc, if you don't want to learn about your fish's care this isn't the site for you. We are here to help people take proper care of their fish, not agree with you when you do something unsafe for fish. Also 5 gallons is too small for two betta's free roaming together, you need at least 20 gallons well planted.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Atleast add a divider. You are saying they are fine. But your 1st post seems to disagree.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #28 
LadyVictorian

I agree did you ever try to figure out why your male has fin clamped? Also did you know sometimes when males are close to death they will perk up around females as a last ditch hope to spawn and pass on his genetics. You may be encountering this with your male right now which is likely why he perked up. His fin clamping is caused by something else you should have investigated and did you even gt for 2 weeks before adding her because she could spread something to him now if he is already sick. There is a lot on betta care you didn't seem to have considered already with this thread alone :/ maybe why you have had so many betta in such a short amount of time.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #29 
bettasareawesome

you know what we all know to not put a male and male together or a male and female together because they could fight or spawn. But seriously if they've been fine for this long and you're ready if they do spawn. And they're depressed without each other I see no reason not to keep them together as long as you check the tank frequently just in case.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #30 
LadyVictorian

3 days is not nearly long enough to say they are okay together. you need at least 3 months to judge that. Even then there have been betta's kept together for years then one day they decide to kill each other....soo yeah still risky.