Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #1 
Perry the platypus

Did You Get Your Fish Christmas Presents?

I just want to know. I got Perry the Tetra 1.5 LED Aquarium Kit. It comes with an LED light, a filter, and of course the 1.5 gallon tank itself. After all Perry is part of the family.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Sorta; I got Spud an early present a coupla weeks ago by buying a 5 gallon hex off craigslist for 20 bucks. It is in great shape and he upgraded from a 2.5 gallon so he is happy with the extra space. :D
a
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #3 
DiiQue

YUp, got Doctor Z a mirror that is the same size as one side of the tank so he can have a flare off with himself once or twice a day. My wife also bought me a new LED light that will better support plants and is in the correct light spectrum so I'm excited about that.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #4 
Laki

Heh, no. I felt bad because before we left for NS I gave my cat and bunny their presents. When I get home after Jan I am getting Bowser and Ludendorff a little brother ;)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

No but I'm probably going to upgrade Nemo from his 1 gallon to a 1.5 gallon due to the death of one of my fish last night.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #6 
MollyJean

I got 4 small (1.7 gallon) hex tank kits at this place called Hammers for some of my growing babies. bags and bags of colored gravel and plastic clips for snail food. Set 2 of the tanks, one in front of me, one in the bathroom and still looking for places for the other. I've got one of my fave baby boys in the one at my desk and he loves it! Can't wait to set the rest up. My fishies also got blood worms on the 21st and last night. (Our presents where handed out on the 21st :) ) Also got presents for the dog and cats (The cats got a betta shaped cat nip toy, lol) and I got polymer clay to make bettas with.. it was a very fishy Christmas.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #7 
fleetfish

Gave them their "Christmas buffet extravaganza" - brine shrimp yesterday morning, pellets for supper, then this morning each one got a mini shred of leftover white meat turkey or bloodworms if they didn't eat it and tonight I'm giving them some more brineshrimp or white worms. They didn't get gravy though ... but some of them went bonkers for the turkey, it was quite amusing :)

Actually tomorrow if it all pans out, I'm getting some much needed live plants for them all. The silk ones I have are too old and grungy and I'm too lazy atm to bleach them. And I'm going to ugrade Aztec and Solstice to 2.5gs.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #8 
SnowySurface

I got them sponge filters for Christmas. Now if only I had the forsight to buy the pumps needed to push air through the sponge filters when I ordered the sponge filters in the first place. XD

They'll get the other half of their gift today. Along with new lights because of algae issues.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #9 
Perry the platypus

Oh. Well Perry isn't the only one who had presents. And bettas eat turkey?
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #10 
fleetfish

Well, no, they're not supposed to eat turkey. I just feed it as a once a year treat.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote