Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #1 
redemonre

White tips on my new Betta's fins

Hello! I am new here. I got a pretty blue betta called Lucky two weeks ago, and he has seemed fine and very active and he has been eating without a fuss (which is apparently sometimes a problem). I noticed about a week ago that his fins were beginning to show some white on the very tips. I watched closely and it is sort of hard to tell whether or not the white is spreading, but if it is, it is certainly doing so VERY slowly. Could this be a disease, or could it be that his colors are developing (I got him in a pet store, so he was probably pretty young)?
I tried searching for white fins and other keywords, but I got a lot of results that didn't seem to match. Thank you so much!
Attached Images

redemonre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

He's probably just developing his colors.. There are also no disease that im aware of including white tipped fins. As long as he's acting and eating normally, I wouldn't worry. How big is he overall? He looks pretty. :) From the back end anyway. lol
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #3 
redemonre

Oh, that's good! He looks to be about 1.5 inches long not including his fins. I thought he was pretty, which is why I rescued him from walmart! But he doesn't like to sit still for the camera. I got the butt end only because he began swimming away as soon as he saw the lights from my phone. This one is better though!
Attached Images

redemonre is offline   Reply With Quote