Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I hope it works out. From what I have read Humans form Sorities.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #12 
carbonxxkidd

I hope so too. My other 8 girls have only been in the tank for about a week now, and they seem to be getting along okay. It's a 29g with lots of plants and so far they seem to be able to get away from each other if they need to. I will say that even though I've been watching them for a week, I can't tell who's the boss yet.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Water Onions provide great hiding spots.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #14 
carbonxxkidd

I should look into getting some of those. Do they do okay in low light?

So far I think my girls like the anacharis and hornwort best to hide in. I also have vallisneria, wisteria, a bunch of melted spiralis and wendtii crypts (sad face, hope they come back), an amazon sword, 3 lace java ferns, hygrophilia corymbosa and bacopa caroliniana which don't seem to be rooting properly, banana plant, dwarf four leaf clover (also melting), and a marimo ball. LOTS of plants. Lol, this is my first planted tank so it's all new to me, but most of what I planted seems to be doing well. Always looking for new plants now though!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yes they curl over the surface too. Crypt melt very common they should come back. C.Ponderitia gets Crypt melt rarely.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #16 
carbonxxkidd

Yeah, that's what I figure. The plants have been in my tank since the 22nd, so they are all still kind of adjusting. The anacharis, hornwort and banana plant are the only ones showing obvious new growth, but the others (except for the melting ones) look good still so I have high hopes. I do want to get some pennywort and maybe some floaters like frogbit at some point too, right now the hornwort is the only floater I have.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #17 
carbonxxkidd

Well, I'm pretty sure the little girl I bought yesterday has SBD. She has been floating on her side at the top of her cup all morning and refuses to eat. When she tries to swim downwards, it looks like she's really struggling because she's floating. Sh is not bloated at all, and even pooped this morning, but in general just seems very sad. She is also missing half of one of her pectorals that I didn't notice at the store yesterday. I was so distracted by her color that I didn't notice her general health.

I brought her to work with me today with the intention of trying to get her to eat some live daphnia and/or baby brine shrimp. She managed to eat the 2 daphnia I gave her (yay!) but it was a struggle. I'm going to keep an eye on her throughout the day today, but I might end up returning her to the store...I don't think a betta with SBD would do well in a sorority
Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #18 
moon7034

Hi can someone help me. I just got my Betta, Moriarty, the other day. He has a couple scales around his head that are about ti fall off. He has a castle in his tank that has a little window and he puts his head in there and gets stuck. Is that what caused his scales to almost fall off?
moon7034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #19 
carbonxxkidd

Hi moon, please post your question in the disease and emergency part of this forum and someone can help you. I would think that if he gets stuck in his tank ornament it's best to remove it, though.

Just thought Ii would update this thread - called Petsmart today and they said the orange dragon boy is still there and is "all better." I think they're lying, so I'm going to go buy him when I get off work. Tooms will be moved out of QT (his fins are showing new regrowth, so I think it's safe for him to go back in his normal tank) and the new boy will be put in there. I just bought two Hydor THEO heaters on Amazon and plan on purchasing another 5g tank for the newbie. Wish me luck!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

How long has the orange one been there?