Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #1 
WhySoBetta

Unhappy OMG Pls Help

Hi, will my male betta eat his eggs??
It all started when i reached home today,i went to the see my fighting fish in his styrofoam container to check whether his started to mate yet so i went to scoop up my male betta to check but suddenly he spat out about 5 eggs and now its floating araonf the horn wort i left in the tank. Pls advice i have already removed my female Help Pls:c ry:
WhySoBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 AM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

Don't worry. I accidentally took out the whole nest of one of my male's recently and had eggs and nest stuck to my fingers. The eggs went everywhere and I thought he would abandon them.

However, he went around and picked up everyone of those eggs and they hatched a couple of days later.

So don't worry. He may not eat them just because you disturbed the nest. Some dads are pretty good.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

A good daddy will care for the nest/eggs/fry regardless of "accidents". As long as they aren't constantly disturbed.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #4 
Myates

Why I prefer tanks, so I can see what is going on and look at the nest in hopes for eggs without disturbing anyone.. also clear plastic bins aren't bad either.

Hope he goes back to taking care of them. Being removed from the tank I am unsure of personally.. I can see them going back after a nest was disturbed because that can happen naturally (rain, etc), but unsure what goes through their mind when they are removed from the spawn tank itself. Good luck though, I hope he gets back to being a good daddy for you!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote