Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #1 
helms97

how should i go about a new tank? what type of filtration would you recommend?

I want to setup up a divided 20 gallon long tank, but i have a few questions.

1) how many sections should i have? 3 for three betas, which i have already or 4 for four betas, i would love to get another.

2) should i keep my aqueon quietflow 10 power filter or get a new, better filter?

3) does it matter which part of the tank the bettas are in? should it be male female male or male male female? (thats only if i stick with 3)

THANKS!
helms97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #2 
callistra

Divided by 4 would be 5 gallons each and that would be perfectly fine. Divide it in half and each half divide in half. 4 bettas in a 20 gallon should not be an issue.

Definitely need a new filter. I'd get this: http://www.thatpetplace.com/aquaclea...-filter-30-gal with some kind of prefilter sponge: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ords=prefilter

I'd probably use two 50w heaters, once on each end of the tank.. one next to the filter and the other on the far end with a little bubbler underneath to try to distribute the heat.

Make sure dividers go all the way to the top and there is no room to jump over.. it happens.

I'm not sure it would matter so much the gender so much as personality types next to each other but someone else may want to comment on that.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #3 
helms97

thanks! this helped a lot!
helms97 is offline   Reply With Quote