Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #11 
Syriiven

I love fish store mistakes ^^ I'm going right when they get new stock so hopefully I find and interesting first pick!

But marbles are exciting! They can look like entirely different fish in just a few months! I think that's just the coolest thing! Though I'll miss Seiya's white and teal =)

So have you seen Mushu change at all, or maybe will just the red and black spots move around?
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #12 
Skyewillow

He got a little darker on his right side (where the big black spot is) for a while, but it went away when I moved him to black and white gravel, I think it was stress because he was housed near a big King betta, and he wasn't a fan.

I've found a lot of fish-store flubs, my king was sold as a standard. I've found pineapples and mustard gases at Wal-mart even. They're not show-quality, but they are still a little unexpected.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #13 
Syriiven

I'm going in hopes of finding an interesting actual full halfmoon. Seiya's on the bench until he grows a bit more fin. I've seen him hit 180 degrees, but he mostly sticks at 170 =/

If possible a rose-tail would be just awsm! My favourite tail type (and the most fun to draw I find), but I know my chances are low. I wouldn't mind a double tailed halfmoon either. Colors though I'm thinking a vivid purple, blue/white butterfly, or another marble. I'd even take a full white or cellophane.

I havent' seen any 'koi' types at my lfs, but that would be very interesting. And kind of like having a small koi that doesnt outgrow your tank xD

But gosh, when I was there and picked Seiya and Kalec I saw a white on red dragonscale halfmoon plakat on the halfmoon shelf >.< Which I guess counts, but they were only selling him for 10, when I knew his type and quality goes for 20-30 on AquaBid. I was tempted to grab him, but the fact that he had a rusty red color...and I'm not privy to red bettas >.< They also had a double tail veil tail int he halfmoons >.> Also thought about him.

I hope they got good homes =(
Old 01-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #14 
Skyewillow

We saw an elephant ear hmpk labeled as just hmpk. The EE's were almost $20. The hmpk was $12. I almost bought him too lol
Old 01-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #15 
Syriiven

I'm on the edge about the EE's. I think they're beautiful pectorals, but sometimes they look very striking and almost odd on certain colortypes. An EE HMPK would be awsm though. I saw one somewhere...on AquaBid I think. Maybe...hm. he was just all white and fluttery and looked so elegant!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #16 
Skyewillow

I love the oddballs! lol There's one at our favorite fish store where he's pure white, dragonscale, AND EE (or they have him labeled as a "Dumbo") but ohmigoodness is he a HEART-THROB! lol
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #17 
Syriiven

Eee~ getting so excited for Thursday night! =D
Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #18 
Skyewillow

I wish I lived closer, I'd go shopping with you!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #19 
Syriiven

xD We'd be terrible influences on eachother. "Do you think I should get this one? " "Cha, yes woman!"
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #20 
Skyewillow

not meeeee! -halo-

I was thinking of getting either EE's or Kois when I eventually start my breeding program. Maybe I'll combine the two and make "big eared" Koi!!!