Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #1 
tlonny

Exclamation help! :(

I have male betta (crown tail) that I have had for a few months and he is normally very active and all up in everyone's business and happy and eats like a little piggy but 4 days ago he was very upset and lying on the bottom of the tank and not coming up to say hello or eat which is very out of character for him. His fins are also down which isn't normal.

His tank is heated with a thermometer, I have 2 live plants and a freshwater mussel for filtration in a 1 gallon tank.

I was sure something was wrong so I quickly did a 100% water change and scrubbed any algae off the side of his tank (there was a bit) and there was quite a bit of fishy poo (could it be an ammonia problem?) in there (more than I realised) and put him back in once it was all clean.

Thankfully he seems to have made quite an improvement and is eating now at least and comes to the top and he even made a bubble nest, but his fins look very sad still and I can tell he isn't feeling 100%.

I have before and after shots of his fins in the link below. Is there anything I can do to fix his fins and make him feel better? He is such a beautiful fish and I don't like the though of him not feeling well. Please help :(

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps915e6504.png

Last edited by tlonny; 01-02-2013 at 04:33 AM. Reason: link for photo isnt right
tlonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #2 
MistersMom

he's bloated and he is clamped. AQ salt does wonders for clamped fins. I wouldn't worry about the bloat, it may go away on its own.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #3 
callistra

I would never use AQ with bloat. Please fill this out so we don't miss anything:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

He is extremely stressed out about something.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ammonia level, fins, sad fish