If I spray all my equipment down with Lysol, what do I need to do to make it safe to use again?
I have acrylic critter keepers, Top Fin and Marina heaters, thermometers, silicone suction cups, and silk plants. (I'm going to throw out the porous materials, such terracotta pots and rocks.)
I need to use Lysol because it's possible that my fish have been exposed to Mycobacteria. Bleach isn't effective at killing it as there is a waxy coating that protects it. Per the disinfection protocols that I've read, Lysol is effective, as is 70% ethanol.*
I am hoping that everything can just be rinsed off after that Lysol dries, and that it's not absorbed into the material itself. Thoughts?
*I don't have ethanol, but I have 70% isopropyl alcohol, and plan on using it after the Lysol has dried.