Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #1 
Inari

Smile First-time Betta Okaasan

Hello, my name is Inari and I currently have one betta that I bought from the local grocery store. I'm newer to the world of betta keeping, however; I've done quite a bit of research on the Internet about the hobby and feel that I'm doing a decent job. My betta is living in an Aqueon 2.5 Mini Bow, so he has filtration, gravel, and some fake plants. I have a heater in the tank, but I'm not sure if it's working right because the thermometer is saying that the water is at about 24 celsius. I might take this heater out and try another one.

I did have two other bettas, a female and a male, but I decided to give them to my father because he's going to buy me an entire bedroom set. He's wanted his own aquariums for a long while now so I figured that it was the least I could do to thank him. The female and male bettas are housed seperately in their own 10 gallon tanks with filters and heaters that can be adjusted. They are both very happy in their environment.

Due to the size of my new room, I'm unable to have a larger tank. That's why my betta is in a 2.5 gallon instead of a 10 gallon. When I get my bedroom set, he'll be placed on the computer desk or on the dresser. I'm going to try to keep him away from the windows because they're old and need to be replaced. You can sometimes feel the cold air seeping into my room by the windows and that would effect the temperature of the water. That could be very bad.

Wow, listen to me ramble on about things you probably don't care about. This has turned into more of a blog than an introduction. I apologize for wasting time that didn't need to be soaked up like a sponge stealing water. I tend to make larger posts; they usually have a lot of information in them. This is a fair warning to all my fellow betta keepers.

Last edited by Inari; 01-01-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: I'm a grammar Natzi.
Inari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #2 
MistersMom

we like blabbers here lol.... sounds interesting. Good luck.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #3 
Inari

It's great to feel so warmly welcomed. There are some people in this world who don't appreciate the length and detail of the posts I make on other sites. I sometimes have to walk on egg shells to make them happy. I suppose they don't have to read my posts if they truly aren't interested in them due to the size. Perhaps they feel intimidated. That's something I probably will never care to know.
Inari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #4 
registereduser

we also like photos
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you...

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response from our members and by starting a new thread we can share and learn from each other.

Enjoy your stay and ramble on.....lol...We don't mind...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote