Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #51 
resa

so if my water conditioner isnt working for the PH, PH High and the ammonia what do i do
resa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #52 
Phaydra

PH you don't want to mess with. Your boy will adjust to the PH. If you have ammonia in the water you want to buy a water conditioner that is made for tap water with ammonia. I use Prime but it is on the more expensive side.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #53 
resa

ok on everyone told me to get that API master test so i did, now on that it has a piece of paper that states when certain test are high it recommends a product to bring down the high levels or if their low to raise the low levels. but i don't quite understand still which products i need to buy.....and i do still have my betta's 1 gallon bowl with a top and LED lights for it if I need to remove him while doing anything to the tank. WHEN HELPING ME PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS SIMPLY FORMATED AND VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND ....thanks everyone for your help
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #54 
resa

and as of right now i cannot buy any other fish to help with any cycling methods just thought i'd throw that in there
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #55 
Phaydra

You only need one fish to cycle a tank which you have
You do not want to change your PH. Your Betta will adjust to it. Any change to the PH will add cost and headaches down the road.
Remember anything you read from a company that makes products to sale will try to sell you other products you don't need.

Did you test your tap water?
Does it contain Ammonia or Nitrites?
If it contains neither you only need a water conditioner like API Stress Coat.
If it contains Ammonia you need a water conditioner like Prime.
If it contains Nitrites you need to find a new water source.

Last edited by Phaydra; 01-04-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #56 
resa

wow ok the test for ammonia directly out of my faucet in the kitchen was berween .50 and 1.0 ......test results from the tank are.... between .50 and 1.0
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #57 
resa

i didnt test my water for nitrites bc after cleaning the tank yesterday i tested it for nitrites and nitrates and they were both 0
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #58 
resa

i was just Google "nitrogen cycle for aquarium" and i pulled a page up that states there's a product that you can buy that claims it can cycle a tank within 24 hours and it may or may not still be on the market shelves? its called Marineland BIO-Spira it has a saltwater one and a freshwater one and it does state that the freshwater one may have been taken off the market

Last edited by resa; 01-04-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #59 
Phaydra

It's a useless product. Any bacteria in them is killed off do to shipping and storage conditions. If you want to speed up the cycle the only thing you can do is pull gravel or filter media from an already cycled tank.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #60 
resa

ok what about seachem stability it also helps speed up the cycle