Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #1 
stareyes

SIP General Finn....

He was my boyfriend's and mine first pet together. He was with us for 3 month, and although he started off in an unheated half gallon, he was quickly moved into a heated 5 gallon and spoiled rotten. When my boyfriend began working graveyard shifts, he became an amazing companion and I spent most nights sitting next to him watching tv or doing my homework. I was gone for 10 days for Christmas Break...and before I left I had this bad feeling...well I came back (my bf was looking after him) and did a full water change and everything was fine...yesterday he was lazy...last night he became bloated...then this morning he couldn't swim and within an hour was gone :( I don't know what got him so quickly but I'm going to miss my little guy :(
stareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #2 
aemaki09

Wow, I'm so sorry about your loss! I remember your post about being worried your boyfriend wouldnt take care of him right, but I dont think thats the cause. Maybe it was a shock from the water change?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #3 
stareyes

I don't think it was that :( I did the normal float and add some new tank water into cup every 15 minutes and he was perfectly happy afterwards for a good day. He surprisingly took care of him very well (although now he's kinda double guessing himself), but when I took a look at General Finn before he passed his fins were turning grey and there was something definitely affecting his swim bladder :( I'm just grateful that he didn't suffer for long and that I could stay with him till the end :(
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #4 
aemaki09

Yeah, luckily he passed quickly instead of suffering.

That sounds weird though, his fins turned grey?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #5 
stareyes

Thanks :) How are your fishies feeling?? (I remember you were saying they were sick before Christmas!!) Yeah it was really weird and at one point he seemed to actually be doing better before losing all ability to swim and passed away shortly after :( I am just glad he didn't suffer for long :( I can only learn from this and be more prepared in the future..