Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #1 
stellar981

my new betta :)

I just wanted to share how beautiful my new betta is :) Just got him last week, he is my second betta. My other betta was recently moved from a 10 gal to a 5 gal hoping he would stop biting his tail. It has now been a few days since he's done it. I guess time will tell if this new tank is his solution. I put the new betta into the 10 gal he was in. sofar he is a very happy and healthy fish! I feed my first betta 1 pellet in the AM 2 in the PM, he is a pretty small fish. This new fish is a bit bigger, so I do 2 twice a day(Omega One betta buffet). Does this sound about right? Anyway, now for the picture.. His coloring caught my eye, I got him at petsmart. For the most part they do a decent job with care at my closest store, compared to most. There is one employee who ive talked to, seems to really know fish. Glad she's in that dept.

Here he is: (could use some name suggestions for both of my fish, i am HORRIBLE with naming!!)
Attached Images

stellar981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #2 
Syriiven

Beautiful. :) Getting a new one tomorrow, hoping to get a lucky find as their shipment will be new.

Grats on a wonderful blue tho!
Love his trailing purple/lilac.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #3 
Syriiven

The small one the food seems right, the bigger one could prlly do 2-3 in a feeding. Might want to consider a frozen food too, like bloodworms or daphnia (easy to keep, easy to feed the fish). More proteins and nutrients that way =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #4 
stellar981

i am very partial to the half moon bettas, can you tell :) He has awesome coloring. LOTS of red mixed into the fins. I actually looked for some time. Wasn't sure I wanted a second one, until I found him :) Here is a short video also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxdEHASWwZ8
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #5 
DragonFyre14

He is really pretty. I'm not very good with picking out names though :) what I've done is just search the Internet and compiled a list of every name I like so I always have a list of names I could use. That way I have names for new fish and other pets or when I decide to write a book or whatever. Time consuming at first but a life saver later ;)
Posted via Mobile Device
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #6 
stellar981

yeah i have frozen bloodworms.. will be giving them on Saturdays. How many should be fed once a week? then i see others recommending a fasting day... which i haven't done yet with my first fish.. besides when he was bloated. but ever since I treated him with Epsom salts, the bloat hasnt come back. But id also like to keep it away.. so do you think Sunday fasting is good? For both? I did fast the new fish a day when i brought him home, because i know he was likely overfed at the store.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #7 
stellar981

oh also, do you think petsmart sells daphnia? i dont recall seeing it there, but it is mentioned on here all the time..
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #8 
DragonFyre14

I think most petsmarts sell freeze dried daphnia (worse case they have the betta dial a great with freeze dried bloodworms, mysis, and daphnia.) but I'm not sure if they carry live daphnia or anything else
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #9 
aemaki09

honestly, omega one betta buffet pellets are really small, I think you should up the feeding on the smaller one. A good starting point would be 5-6/day for both. you can divide them into different feedings if you want to give them more time to digest, but I feel like that would probably help the first one grow a little better.

Now on to this new boy -- he is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #10 
Elsewhere

Oh isn't he just beautiful! I use that word so much on this website! One name for him keeps nagging at me- Leo. It's really simple, I know, but when I see that fish I think "Leo" XD
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote