Incandescent lights are somewhat SEALED so moisture can't get inside.
CFL's are more susceptible to moisture issues. Any condensation is small enough to get INSIDE the bulb @ reach the circuitboard/microchips that ignite the gas that turns ON the CFL bulb.
Too much moisture/condensation around the electronics = short circuit.
Both will cause early bulb failure.
- Excess heat = melts the microchips (if you can smell plastic it's overheating)
- Condensation = shorts out the circuits (lights start to flicker & buzzing noises)
You need a better lid that keeps "water vapor" from getting INSIDE your bulb.