Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #41 
Bluewind

She might have a point hun. They might be having problems now because they are growing and thus taking up more space and producing more waste. How you thought about taking out the bettas and putting each one in its own 2 or 3 gallon container? The remanders should be okay in the tank. Bettas can do fine without a filter and with your house staying a nice warm temp, they wont get too cold without a heater. Just try to put something in each bowl or container that they can hide in to make them feel safe. And you can treat that female for her wound if she is alone and it will keep her from making the others sick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-04-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #42 
eatmice2010

Ok i just read this whole thread! In my opinion the first half is horrid, instead of euthanizing them because you cant get rid of them, bring them back to the pet store or let them go in a fresh water stream or pond/lake. Sure its not recommended because it could possibly have an effect to your ecosystem, but sheesh it beat smashing them with a hammer and poison. And if any one doesnt agree with letting go in to the wild, just consider they have more of a chance of surviving. just gosh you would have to be really demented to but a fish in a bag and smash it be cause first for you to now were the head is the bag is going to be some what see through, so you will end up seeing fishy insides, and if you use a bag the you cant see through you run the risk of not hitting its head and making it just suffer more until you end up giving a deadly blow. Im mean really this last comment isn't really ment toward every one, BUT SOME OF YOU REALLY NEED TO RECHECK YOUR VIEWS ON FISH
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #43 
Shepaski

I already removed my last female and gave her to a friend of mine.
so now i only have 1 male, 1 lamp eye, 1 phantom and a bunch of corydoras and oto cat fish.

yes i know they grow
currently my fish aren't going to get any bigger then they already are since they've been the same size for almost a year now.

i didn't put down the female mentioned in the thread via the bag smashing method (that i couldn't possibly do now even though i did more horrible things in the past which i now really regret)

i used the clove oil and Vodka method shellieca linked me at the first page of this thread
Shepaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #44 
Sena Hansler

SOMETIMES euthanasia is the ONLY WAY,"eatmice". If a fish is suffering badly and will not make it, do you want us to pull a hippy move and keep the poor thing alive for our own stupid feelings? Smashing with a hammer is one of the top recommended, and you're BTW ranting on a fish forum AT everyone who mentioned it. That's rude.

As for letting any type of animal go into the wild the animal suffers and so does the ecosystem. Here people release snakes. Who die. After wiping out food during the spring and summer for other animals. Moral of the story: can keep it? Find someone else for it. Don't abandon it.

Anyways... -.- I'm glad you went to clove oil. I only use that method, mainly because I do not like the hammer method... Or insta-freezing. It's a lot more... Peaceful.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #45 
eatmice2010

ya because the betta is out to kill dogs and birds, i also hear they like to kill people also so, if your going to use a simile use one that has a common element with a betta fish, and whos to say the she wouldnt have healed, and why give it away if we have your beautiful hammer technique (sarcasm)
how can you smash something you love!!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #46 
Sena Hansler

Eatmice, I swear to god I'll bring a mod into this I am not going to let anyone have to deal with your crap.

OP has already stated they are trying to do right stop dragging people down with that nonsense.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-05-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #47 
eatmice2010

first off am i supposed to be scared and second im not messing with any one if you dont like my post get over it you didnt have to post back to it nor twards me
Old 01-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #48 
Sena Hansler

Wow. A new member coming over to make this place into Y.A. -.- leave the OP alone. They understand they did wrong but telling them to do something illegal AKA dump animals into the wild is not recommended especially on this site.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #49 
eatmice2010

im sure thats not considered as being childish( sarcasm), And yes i am trying to take over- im going for world domination(sarcasm), and im just using that as an better way instead of smashing. so why dont you just shut up and grow up and while at it learn to look the other way.

sorry to the rest of the page for ranting my opinion
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #50 
Sena Hansler

But dumping a domesticated animal into the wild is not the better way... FYI I listed off the known methods. If you care for fish so much, and nothing else... Well you are a sad soul.

The ecosystem that can be damaged is many things. Comumnaris spreads, and if that fish had it well you could've killed a lot more than one fish. Ecosystem does not mean "people and dogs harr harr" it's microorganisms, snails, plants, small fish, EVERYTHING. Sure we may not notice a difference but as people we're naive and don't see the damages WE cause. Millions of species die and we don't even know it.

Do not suggest illegal activity. Ever. Even if you think it's right, it's not.