Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2008, 06:23 AM   #1 
LoveBetta1976

Update on my betta named Oscar

Hello All,
I just wanted to give you an update on my betta named Oscar.
After all the questions, and conserns I had about Oscar. I can finally say Oscar is doing quiet well now.
I had to buy different food for Oscar as Oscar well, was just so dang on picky I couldnt get him to eat hardly anything for the first week. I bought him bloodworms.After he wouldnt eat as I had always heard bloodworms are like there favorite thing to eat, but after taking in what people told me about the bloodworms I decided to buy him different pellet food.
I had bought him the Bio Gold pellet food. And He just loves the Bio GOld.
The other type of pellets I had that he would not touch was the Aqua brand
He still will not touch those pellets.I had also bought him Omega One betta flakes. He would not touch those either.At this point I was about to give up until I came here and took everyones adives on the foods.
and he enjoys the Bio Gold, and the blood worms.
I recommend any new betta fish owners to buy Bio Gold pellets and bloodworms, give him the blood worms as a treat only.
Anyhow. Oscar is doing wonderful.
He has eve made a very huge bubble nest, which I was conserned about, until I asked people on here about the bubble nest.
Needless to say he loves staying at the nest and it is very, very huge now. and it feels great having a betta that is happy and healthy :D
I wanted to say thank you all for all of your help that I needed when I first bought Oscar. Oscar is my first fish since I was about 7 years old, very long time ago might i add LoL Thank You all again for your help that you guys have given me.
Its a blessing to me to have a happy and healthy fish as this is the only pet I own.
LoveBetta1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #2 
Oldman47

It sounds like you have a happy healthy betta there. Congratulations, I'm glad things are working out. The next thing you need to worry about is when you walk into a pet shop and just absolutely must get "that one over there near the end of the shelf." This is known as MTS (multiple tank syndrome).
Oldman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #3 
LoveBetta1976

lol I actually thought of getting another fish tank, and getting some gold fish for it.
I would love to breed my betta, but Im clearly not ready to that yet, maybe some day i will chance it and try to breed it but not any time soon.Oscar is very very happy in his 5 gallon tank by him self.
and too my surprise he still loves his sunking ship, he sleeps in the whole part of it still LoL He never did like the plant i put in the tank for him had to take it out But as long as he is happy then I am too :D
Old 03-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #4 
SST

Yippee!
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #5 
willow

hi
i'm really pleased that things have turned around for you :)
it makes the hobby of being a fish keeper more enjoyable.
well done on not giving up.!!
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #6 
LoveBetta1976

Thank you all.
Its great knowing, there is a good place to come on online for help with fish.
I would love to buy another tank and set it up in the family room for when I watch tv, i can enjoy the fish in the tank as well in the family room but right now, cant really do that, need to clean up a bit in the family room before doing so you know how that goes LoL.
I keep Oscar in my bed room as I spend a lot of time in my bed room with my computer being in it as well.
Anyhow, it is just wonderful that I have a very active betta.
I think he got spooked kinda last night though as is stormed a little here.
And he kinda jumped when he heard the first thunder lol.
But other then him getting spooked a lil last night I havent had any real problems out of him yet.
I think I made a wise choice in getting the tank and Oscar, as I have a lot of health problems, and unable to work,he is a joy to watch.
So I am very excited and thrilled Oscar is so spoiled, you would think he was my child LoL
I done spent way more then what my tank costed on Oscar to make sure he is happy but it is worth it.
The only thing I havent bought yet, is stress releave stuff for him and he hasnt been under any stress yet but I knoow one day he will be stressed, I was wondering what is the best kind of stress releave stuff I can get him?
Old 03-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #7 
LoveBetta1976

Thank you all.
Its great knowing, there is a good place to come on online for help with fish.
I would love to buy another tank and set it up in the family room for when I watch tv, i can enjoy the fish in the tank as well in the family room but right now, cant really do that, need to clean up a bit in the family room before doing so you know how that goes LoL.
I keep Oscar in my bed room as I spend a lot of time in my bed room with my computer being in it as well.
Anyhow, it is just wonderful that I have a very active betta.
I think he got spooked kinda last night though as is stormed a little here.
And he kinda jumped when he heard the first thunder lol.
But other then him getting spooked a lil last night I havent had any real problems out of him yet.
I think I made a wise choice in getting the tank and Oscar, as I have a lot of health problems, and unable to work,he is a joy to watch.
So I am very excited and thrilled Oscar is so spoiled, you would think he was my child LoL
I done spent way more then what my tank costed on Oscar to make sure he is happy but it is worth it.
The only thing I havent bought yet, is stress releave stuff for him and he hasnt been under any stress yet but I knoow one day he will be stressed, I was wondering what is the best kind of stress releave stuff I can get him?
Old 03-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #8 
SST

I use the stress coat water conditioner. It has aloe vera in it. What kind of stress are you worried about?

Don't get goldfish for your other tank, when you finally set one up. They grow to be huge and are tremendous poop producers. You'll need a big tank for them. There are plenty of small fish that will be good for the living room. Wander through the pet store and note the ones you like, then post in one of the forums for help before you set up the tank to make sure what you want will work in the size tank you have and with the fishies you want.
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:06 AM   #9 
LoveBetta1976

Im just mainly worried about the water changing stress.
for when I change the tanks water.
I do have a betta conditioner, but it doesnt say it takes care of stress.
I also had to take out my filter, as he didnt like it, and he had a hard time swimming in the water at first with the filter, even on low.
I guess it was due to his fins being so big.
and thats true about the goldfish. I didnt think about that lol.
I have seen some small fish besides gold fish that I like, and might invest in them I also like the glowfish.
I cant remember there original name but I call them the glow fish there tiny, and swim in groups. and I heard they will do fine with Bettas so I might get 3 of them as they are like a dime coin size and put him with my betta, but im just worried about the betta attacking them .