Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #1 
homegrown terror

another innovative tank idea!

any questions, or is it fairly straightforward? the goal is to have a 6-compartment divided betta tank that rotates slowly, too slow to bother the fish, but still allow viewing of all of them from any angle. i think it'd be perfect as a centerpiece for a room, or perhaps a fancy dinner table.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #2 
Cinderwolf

it wousl look cool but how woudl it be heated or filtered , sicne you cant have a heater or anything in there or the cord will jsut get wound up and everything..
Cinderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think the fact that there is change might be annoying to the fish. It might be expensive.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #4 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I think the fact that there is change might be annoying to the fish. It might be expensive.
i'm not sure, it's an experimental idea to be sure. personally i think they might enjoy new stimulation, since they tend to get bored more easily than most fish. i know it'd be an expensive setup, i'm not planning to make it (anytime soon, at least) but i just wanted to get the idea out of my head.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #5 
aqua001

Yeah, I have the same question as cinderwolf. I mean, I get how a filter might filter ONE part of the entire division, but who would want to buy 6 filters for a 30 gallon? Same goes for the heater. And is there a way to hide the wires that will trail out of the tank? Just curious. I think the entire turning thing is really cool, though.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #6 
aemaki09

I love that idea!!!! how big would the compartments be though? And how would you plan on heating it?
I think it'd be an absolutely amazing dinner table centerpiece idea.

Edit:: I didnt see that info on the side.
Sounds like you have it pretty well planned.

Love the idea!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #7 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua001 View Post
Yeah, I have the same question as cinderwolf. I mean, I get how a filter might filter ONE part of the entire division, but who would want to buy 6 filters for a 30 gallon? Same goes for the heater. And is there a way to hide the wires that will trail out of the tank? Just curious. I think the entire turning thing is really cool, though.
the filter and heater would be housed centrally in the base of the tank, with inlets and outspouts feeding to all six compartments from a central unit. the cords would run down the motor shaft so they can conveniently stay out of the way.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #8 
Syriiven

So long as you have outlets/hookups for your heater/filters, I think it's a great idea =D
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #9 
bettasareawesome

I really like that idea, as long as the fish don't mind.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #10 
aqua001

Oh okay. That's really cool! You should really try it!
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote