Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #1 
Kuro

Question Are Mini Bow tanks good tanks?

Are Mini Bow tanks good tanks?

my parents bought me a Mini Bow 5g tank for christmas though it wont be here till the 3rd of january at the earliest as the ordered it late. they got it for me because i really dont like the tank my black orchid CT male Aero is in because of its weird shape and that the lid is propped up on one end to allow room for the filter and i worry about Aero jumping out even though its a small gap and we have a young cat the overly curious and i worry she may stick her foot and try to swat him.

so to all of you who own mini bows now or have in the past are they good a good tank? does the filter do a good job? does the filter need baffled? i hope its a good tank cause then Aero would more room(his current tank is 2.5g) and i wouldn't have to worry about him jumping or about the cat. and with it being acrylic and not glass it will be lighter and it wont be as much weight on my computer stand as there would be if i got a glass tank.

thanks

Last edited by Kuro; 12-29-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I hear the currents too strong.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #3 
AquaticGirl101

I have a Mini Bow 2.5 and I love it! So does my fish! There is a slight gap in the back behind the filter, so I put my heater there :) The filter current in mine isn't to bad actually. It only makes some surface movement. Good luck!
AquaticGirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #4 
registereduser

Any filter current can be baffled in different ways.

I have the 2.5 as a hospital tank and I like it very much. I don't use the filter though.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I was told by the person at me local Petco that the design is built to allow current.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #6 
AquaticGirl101

My current is not bad at all.
AquaticGirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #7 
bryanacute

I have a mini- bow 2.5. It's a good tank. For $30, or in your case more, you get a filter, a hood with a light and some beginner food and conditioner. Yes, the current is a bit strong, so I took a price of pantyhose I fixed it spend the mouth. It muffled it pretty well.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #8 
stareyes

I have the 5 gallon mini bow and I really like it. I do have mine baffled, mostly because it pushed the floating log around too much. There is a space in the back but it is really easy to cover it with something :). Overall I really love this tank, and so does my little guy!!
stareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #9 
Friendlyfishies

Do you have pictures of how youve baffled it? Ive always wondered how you could baffle those types of tanks...
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #10 
Juditko

Aqueon 2.5 mini bow

We just got one, and the current on ours does not seem too strong at all. It's much more gentle than the other tank we had, and Fish is very happy. It does say to keep it filled to the black rim, and I find that does help the current be gentle. Don't know about the 5 gallon.
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote