Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #1 
Sugarbeet

Hello!

Hi, I'm Sugarbeet, and after literally years of thinking about it I'm finally starting an aquarium! I don't have a fish yet because I'm waiting for my tank to cycle, but in the meantime I've been reading on this forum like crazy. I want to be well educated so that when I do bring a betta home, he feels like he's in Fish Shangri-La.
Sugarbeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #2 
BettaGIRL5

Hello!! What kind of betta do you want? I am just asking just cause I`m curious :) ;)
BettaGIRL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #3 
Sugarbeet

I'm going with a regular ol' petstore betta for my first fish. I guess they're veiltails...?

There was a dark blue fish at my local petstore today that I instantly fell in love with. If only my tank was ready! I walked by the betta display, and this little guy swam right up to the glass to check me out, even followed my hand back and forth. His fins were in pretty good shape, all things considered, and he was such a pretty color... It was really hard to walk away. I hate to think of someone buying him and leaving him in that stupid display vase. :(
Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #4 
BettaGIRL5

Oh i know i feel the same way!! Each of my bettas have a gallon tank, while my favs have a 5 gallon tank :) If you go to petsmart(if they have one near you) they have a great selection of male bettas like deltas, dragonscales, and halfmoons. They aren't great quality, but they are pretty pets :)
BettaGIRL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #5 
Sugarbeet

I know, right? Half the fun is in giving them a nice home to live in. I have an embarrassing number of Ebay tabs open looking for just the perfect plants and decorations, lol.

We've got a Petsmart in the next town over, actually. My boyfriend has been wanting to head out there to buy a new heat lamp for his gecko, so maybe we'll have to make a day of it! I don't mind if the bettas are a little funky, as long as their quality of life isn't affected. I'll take the ugliest fish there if he's got a cute personality. ;)
Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and (soon) to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...

Nice to meet you...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #7 
waterdog

Welcome to Bettas R Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote