Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #11 
happypappy

i would recommend a sponge filter. Also, watch the plastic plants with fishy's fins -- longfin bettas can rip fins on the plastic.
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #12 
MisterKO

how big and coast are sponge filters and will it overcrowd my 1.1 gallon tank

Yea im gonna get him silk plants this weekend.

Good Vibes!
MisterKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #13 
MisterKO

Exclamation Update!!

I went out and got two silk leafy artificial plants check em out
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #14 
happypappy

filter

I would probably not filter a tank that size ---- But water changes are essential! Great looking plants.
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #15 
waterdog

He looks happy. As long as you follow what oldfishlady says you can't go wrong. She is the master!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #16 
bethyMT

Yeah, you don't need to filter a tank that small. Just keep doing your water changes and your fishie will be fine.

If you ever upgrade to a 5 gallon or larger tank, then you'll have to filter it, but until then you don't.

If you really wanted to be fancy, you could even get a small live plant (such as anubias) to put in there. They don't need to be buried in gravel and don't need a whole lot of light. Just a thought, certainly not something you need, but may be fun to try.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #17 
Laki

Great little tank!! Love the plants and your gorgeous royal blue boy!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #18 
MisterKO

Thanks Everyone

yea i change his water once a week and i bought a filter (Whisper 3i) just incase if i felt like spending the money on a 2.5-3 gallon tank one day
Old 03-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #19 
MisterKO

Exclamation Update!!

Alright so yesterday was my 21st birthday so i decided to get my betta a new tank!

I went there and picked the Fluval Spec 5.6 gallon aquarium. I was looking at fake plants and was kinda not into them so i totally veered off and got some real plants! He seemed to really love his tank, but something was just off having one betta in the tank so i decided to do some research on tankmates. Today I went and got 3 Ottos, 4 ghost shrimp, and 2 japanese algae shrimp. All is well so far Avalon (betta) really doesnt seem to interested in any of his tankmates. I did take him out of the tank and acclamated his buddies first so they could get comfortable and find their own zones to kick it in. Avalon seems to only want to know what his buddies are, he is a very mellow betta ive only seen him flare like 3 times and that was because i put a mirror right in his face. So far so good with the tankmates.
The aquarium has an output flow valve thing that shoots water and even on the lowest level it was still pushing avalon clear across the tank so i took some sponge stuff that the roots of the plants came in and wrapped it around the valve with a rubber band and it works great now!
So all together i have 1 betta, 3 ottos, 4 ghost shrimp, and 2 japanese algae shrimp. With 1 anubia, 1 wisteria, 2 of the long wispy stuff (picture below), and 2 of the shortgrass looking stuff.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #20 
Laki

Wow, great update :) He's looking good!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, tank, tank and tank care, tank capacity