Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #1 
Juicebox

whats all these small swimming white dots

been noticing in the last few couple days some tiny tiny small white dots darting around my tank,they are way too small to take pics of,they swim really fast for tiny little dots,sometimes they are on the glass other times they are free swimming,if i squint my eyes and look close i can kind of make out that they have a little antena or mayb a little tail,its not just a round dot..

any idea what this is,i was wondering is it snails but they move way too fast to be snails i was thinking,im also wondering if they are baby ghost shrimp but my female still has all her eggs on her belly so i dont think the 50 or more dots could be ghost shrimp babies..

in the tank i have some female bettas some ghost shrimp, pond snails, mts and assasin snails..
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2 
Hopelessaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
been noticing in the last few couple days some tiny tiny small white dots darting around my tank,they are way too small to take pics of,they swim really fast for tiny little dots,sometimes they are on the glass other times they are free swimming,if i squint my eyes and look close i can kind of make out that they have a little antena or mayb a little tail,its not just a round dot..

any idea what this is,i was wondering is it snails but they move way too fast to be snails i was thinking,im also wondering if they are baby ghost shrimp but my female still has all her eggs on her belly so i dont think the 50 or more dots could be ghost shrimp babies..

in the tank i have some female bettas some ghost shrimp, pond snails, mts and assasin snails..
I'm not sure if it could be from the shrimp, or anything else, but it could be water fleas, I think? I had some in a tank I just left sitting with water in it for ages. If you are concerned do a big water change - sorry I'm not much help!!
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #3 
pittipuppylove

Maybe daphnia? I've had those in my tanks before.
Edit: Hopeless beat me to it. Daphnia are water fleas
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by pittipuppylove; 01-03-2013 at 04:54 PM.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #4 
Juicebox

hopefully its daphnia,foodfor my baby shrimps!
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #5 
Laki

If it's the same as what was in my tank- it's cyclops. My white sots were so small I couldn't even distinguish the shape of them according to the pictures I saw online but I think they were the same shape. They're harmless. I don;t know but I think they are caused by excess food and nutrients in the water. Mine were so small the bettas could not see them and only Milly, my nerite, seemed to be chomping down as she meandered along the glass.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote