Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #51 
Silverfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I wonder because I have been reading around that some people feed spinach as a source of calcium to their snails. Is this true?
Yes, spinach, collard greens, blanched zucchini (mine devour it), cucumber, well there are any number of things they can eat that are high in calcium.

On a certain snail website there is a list of calcium rich foods that can be fed. (but you might have to do a bit of looking to find it).
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #52 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Assassins dont eat veggies. They have a suction tube.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #53 
Silverfang

mmmm maybe there will be a blue in at the LFS when I pop in tomorrow. I got a cana there once. Had to return it after a day since it destroyed all my plants
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #54 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I wonder if assassins like Apple snails?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #55 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
Yes, spinach, collard greens, blanched zucchini (mine devour it), cucumber, well there are any number of things they can eat that are high in calcium.

On a certain snail website there is a list of calcium rich foods that can be fed. (but you might have to do a bit of looking to find it).
Yay okay, I can stop freaking about foods for Nikola Tesla then, I have some in there right now he has been nomming the past few days.My betta girl even tried eating it and ripped a chunk off the leaf but spit it back out. She disagrees with the snail and does not understand how he can eat that nasty green stuff.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #56 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tikibirds- Is that fuzzy snail an apple? It looks so wild with all of that green everywhere! :D
No, those are trapdoor snails. I took them out of a local lake with the moss growing on them like that. The ones in my tanks, the moss eventually fell off but the one I put in my sister tank, still looks like that. All the decor in her tank has that stuff growing on it, which actually looks pretty nice BUT the tank is seldom cleaned and is overstocked (she is one of those "its JUST a fish" type of people). Even the babies that were in there have grown moss on the shell.

I sold most of the babies but the ones I still have, they are about as big as an apple snail now. Kinda wish they came in colors other then olive green.

Anybody have one of these?
http://www.azgardens.com/p-2000-subs...bit-snail.aspx
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #57 
registereduser

If anyone (silverfang?) can PM me some snail forum/website links I would be much obliged
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #58 
Skyewillow

I'm always rubbing fuzzies off my trapdoor's shell, they're white strings, so I never know if it's good or bad. they seem conducive to growing moss.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #59 
Bluewind

I got the 3 Mysteries just so I could breed them and have some baby snails to give to my little nephew (God help them, but he loves snails and I want to encourage that). I would sell some (if I got lucky enough to get some) on the classifieds here, but I have not clue how to ship them and would be scared that they would show up dead

I do want to figure out how to ship though as I might ship a whole dang clutch to a friend of mine who needs one. One of them has GOT to show up alive right?

It's part forcing her to aknowledge snails as cool, part present, and part conversation/bonding thing since she will have my snails' kids in her tank, so a bit of me is there even though we can't just go see each other. Boo miles, but yea mush!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-04-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #60 
LadyVictorian

Blue if you breed let me know, I am looking into breeding as well and need a female xD. My boy is such a fantastic man with great color I want to pass that along.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote