Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #71 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
I got the 3 Mysteries just so I could breed them and have some baby snails to give to my little nephew (God help them, but he loves snails and I want to encourage that). I would sell some (if I got lucky enough to get some) on the classifieds here, but I have not clue how to ship them and would be scared that they would show up dead

I do want to figure out how to ship though as I might ship a whole dang clutch to a friend of mine who needs one. One of them has GOT to show up alive right?

It's part forcing her to aknowledge snails as cool, part present, and part conversation/bonding thing since she will have my snails' kids in her tank, so a bit of me is there even though we can't just go see each other. Boo miles, but yea mush!
Posted via Mobile Device
Oo... I may have to order one from you if you ever post that. I'd rather pay a bit more for a snail bred by someone I can contact than one from a petstore where I have know idea about where the little bugger came from.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #72 
LadyVictorian

+1 I agree

That and i love giving the breeders updates on them. Was friends with a woman on a mouse forum and every Christmas I got her a Christmas card featuring the mice I adopted from her and a little update of their year.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #73 
Bluewind

Awwww! Well I hope they make lots of babies then! Right now, the babies are a bit too small, so hopefully they will have some next month. I'm hoping to be able to get my nephew some by his birthday
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #74 
Elsewhere

This is my Mystery Snail Estabon! I have no idea whether it's a boy or a girl, but I assumed a boy and named it Estabon :P

Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #75 
LadyVictorian

Awww your snail looks a lot like mine, leetle Nikola Tesla.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #76 
Tikibirds

white strings?? never seen that on mine - just the moss stuff
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #77 
Fae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
I got the 3 Mysteries just so I could breed them and have some baby snails to give to my little nephew (God help them, but he loves snails and I want to encourage that). I would sell some (if I got lucky enough to get some) on the classifieds here, but I have not clue how to ship them and would be scared that they would show up dead

I do want to figure out how to ship though as I might ship a whole dang clutch to a friend of mine who needs one. One of them has GOT to show up alive right?
Posted via Mobile Device
I actually read an article on how to ship snails recently (I was having a really hard time trying to find a Nerite Snail so I was going to see if I could get one shipped) and it actually seemed really easy. I don't think you'd have any issues with it at all. The jist was that you get filter floss or paper towels and soak them, but them in a container, like a food storage container, and then put the snails in the wet floss/towels. Then just pack em in a box so they don't move around. I guess you could add in some heat packs if the temperature was cold enough and voila! Happy snails ready to go to their new forever home!
Fae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #78 
Skyewillow

I just took some floating anacharis out of my frog's tank and found some baby ramshorns the size of this asterisk *. they're so tiny and cute! I also had to prune a small section off of one of the plants, because it was covered in snail eggs.

I like my little ramshorns!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #79 
Tikibirds

Why do mine never eat veggies

I shipped snails. All I did was put some water in a small zip lock bag and double bag it. Not alot of water, just enough to cover the snail. I didnt like the idea of just using a wet towel.

I had a nertite shipped to me too from an ebay seller that i got my plecos from.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 01-09-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #80 
LadyVictorian

O.O that is odd, my boy scarfs down veggies like he will never get them again in his life. Do they like shrimps? My boy loves noming brine shrimp though he can't seem to catch them live to I have to kill a few for him to eat and drop them to the bottom. If given the choice he would rather eat shrimp than his algae disks but he would rather eat fresh veggies than shrimp it appears as he clings to his spinach like crazy.