Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #81 
Bluewind

That DOES sound easy! What is the shipping cost? And how did the ones in the baggies not suffacate?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #82 
nel3

is there any reason why my nerite should have a 1mm diameter hole on the tip of his/her end cone? i havent put any IALs or anything to soften the water. my water is hard enough to curl CT fins within 2 week of purchasing them. i do have some coral pieces i can put in the QT tank if needed. just how long can 1 nerite snail live comfy in a unfiltered 1g heated tank before any sort of WC? i can put a algea wafer and some blanched zuchini in while im at it.

i dont have a pic of it atm but its where the pointiest part would be ie the apex. i think the area around there may be a slightly darker brown but its not alarming me. his shell has no chips in it aside from that tiny hole and ive never had any snail preying fish/snails.

Last edited by nel3; 01-11-2013 at 12:59 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #83 
Fae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
That DOES sound easy! What is the shipping cost? And how did the ones in the baggies not suffacate?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure on the shipping cost, it would probably depend on where you're sending it, but one lady said it was like $3.85, but who knows if that is true, and it could have been an old post. They really don't weight much so it can't be too bad!

I read about the water in a little baggy thing too, and it definitely works for some people. Others had issues with the water getting too much ammonia in it because their bioload is so high, and others had issues with broken shells. Some did the paper towel thing in a plastic baggy instead of a container, and had some broken shells, others had no issue. There seems to be a ton of ways to ship em, I personally just like the wet paper towel in a container best. Shipping would probably be cheaper if you did the baggy though, cause you could probably get it in an envelope, but I would be worried something heavy might squish em

I should also mention that a lot of snails kinda hibernate I guess when being shipped and can take a few days to come around once they're in the tank. I think someone even said like 5 days, while others will bounce back right away.
Fae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #84 
LadyVictorian

BAH....saw a great deal on Aquabids not long ago for 2 magenta mystery snails going for $2 plus free MTS. I want to bid soooo bad.....O.O someone stop me.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #85 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
BAH....saw a great deal on Aquabids not long ago for 2 magenta mystery snails going for $2 plus free MTS. I want to bid soooo bad.....O.O someone stop me.
MTS? And I can't stop you because right now, I am wishing I had a card to order them myself!
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #86 
CrazyFishDude

I am seriously considering getting a Kritter Keeper and breeding red ramshorn snails. Someone stop me, as I have very little room for anything procreating in our house...
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #87 
LadyVictorian

Bah the shipping is spendy but ah, I want magengta mystery snails so bad.

Oooooh if you breed red ramshorns let me know, I have been looking for some nice ramy snails.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #88 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Bah the shipping is spendy but ah, I want magengta mystery snails so bad.

Oooooh if you breed red ramshorns let me know, I have been looking for some nice ramy snails.
Idk if I can right now. I am however starting a little planted nano setup with a glass shrimp. I would but I have no room for another tank if I'd need one, and my dad hates the words "breeding" and "fish" in the same sentence...
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #89 
registereduser

Where can I buy a hot pack for shipping? Besides online?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #90 
registereduser

one of the new nerites on a spinach leaf
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote