Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #1 
bettaluver14

Talking Good Tank? :)

i've been searching nice and hard to find the perfect 10gal upgrade for my male VT and his neon tetra friends... does this one seem good?
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11164161&lmdn=Fish+Sale&f=PAD% 2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

i'm going to need to save up/earn a little more $ lol but it seems great. and it's on sale :3

and do you think i would need to baffle the filter for my betta's delicate fins?
thanks <3
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #2 
Friendlyfishies

I have no experience with that tank, but when I upgraded to 10 gals I was so thrilled with it! I do baffle my current whisper tetra filter so I would imagine baffling would be a good idea? Please share pics once you get one, I love seeing all the homes!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #3 
bettaluver14

Red face

hahaa i will. and yah i have a tetra 3i filter for my betta in his current home and he seems okay with it unbaffled... the current pushes him away a little but it doesnt seem to bother him.

and yah lol imma teenager with $33 in my wallet right now BAHAHA so i willl try and earn some allowance quickly :p since the tank is $60.
i will prob try to earn $30 more. cause tax hahaa.

and once i buy the tank i'm going to have to cycle it... do you want me to post pix during the cycle or once the cycling is done and my VT,Zuko, is in it?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #4 
AyalaCookiejar

Photos of just the tank and your setup would be nice as well as photos with Zuko :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #5 
MSG

That 10G tank kit is normally $80

So if you want the tank @ that price , you need to earn extra money quick.

The Marineland LED is one of the NICER kits out on the market but BEWARE of the LED condensation issue.

You may be able to find that whole setup from a PREVIOUS owner for $40 if you keep your eyes open. Check the ads local to your neighborhood & you might come across one.

The bio-wheel filter included is better that what you'll find in most, but it will still require a prefilter & something extra to mitigate water flow from the output.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #6 
happypappy

LOVE LOVE LOVE this tank. I have it set up as a shrimp tank however. the LED night light is really cool and you can see the shrimp scooting about at night.
The Biowheel is a little strong however. You will definitely want to baffle the filter.
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #7 
bettaluver14

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
So if you want the tank @ that price , you need to earn extra money quick.

The Marineland LED is one of the NICER kits out on the market but BEWARE of the LED condensation issue.

You may be able to find that whole setup from a PREVIOUS owner for $40 if you keep your eyes open. Check the ads local to your neighborhood & you might come across one.

The bio-wheel filter included is better that what you'll find in most, but it will still require a prefilter & something extra to mitigate water flow from the output.
what's ther condensation issue? and yah, i'm working on it :p i think it ends in like a few weeks i'm not sureee
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #8 
bettaluver14

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE this tank. I have it set up as a shrimp tank however. the LED night light is really cool and you can see the shrimp scooting about at night.
The Biowheel is a little strong however. You will definitely want to baffle the filter.

okay :3 cool hahaa and how should i baffle the filter? is there an easy way? and also.... the holes the water get sucked up in for the filter... are they big? i don't want Zuko getting stuck in it
Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #9 
happypappy

I added a fluval sponge on the update ( the small one about $3.00 ) The prevent the shrimplets from getting sucked up into the filter -- I am sure that will keep you bettas tail safe. Plus the sponge make a good biofilter source --- just rinse peridically in treated water.

Let me know if you baffle and how you did it. I am going to try soon.
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #10 
bettaluver14

Talking

okay!!! i'm not too excited about the cycling lol i hope it doesn't taake tooooo long. and so do i just like rubber band the sponge to the intake?

and good news i showed my dad this tank online and he said he will pay for half woohoo i already have enough $ all we have to do is buy more gravel,extra cartridges, decors, and pure ammonia for the cycling