Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #21 
bettaluver14

Red face

yah i've been looking for a tank that includes:
-10gal
-included heater
-filter
-and LED lights

so i found this one and omgee we might be gettin' it tomorrow
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #22 
happypappy

I got the 5 gal walmart with led and it is going back. the Led light is laughable!!!!!!there are better tanks out there. The marineland 10 gallon with LED and biowheel filtration is still the best i have seen.
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #23 
bettaluver14

Question

and from reviews on that tank i heard the filter comes with too many parts and is bigger that the tank... is that true??
Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #24 
Stone

I just bought this tank the heater is awesome the led light is awesome has a daytime/nighttime switch, the filter is a bit of a monster it does 100 gph so basically that means every 6 minutes it has filtered all the water.I just dont see a way to baffle it down I am going to think about it for a few days and see what I can come up with and it comes with one of the stick on outside themometers but the led hood is the real appeal of this tank be it they are 20 bucks or more by themselves
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #25 
bettaluver14

cool thanks :D i'm looking forward to getting it! i will hopefully have it by this sunday.... i'm SO busy studying for Mid-terms
Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #26 
Wholystang

I also just bought this tank and I love it! Its so nice looking, and the blue shimmering light is pretty cool at night. I cant wait to get my fish into it! I don't think you can go wrong with this aquarium!

P.S. The filter is crazy strong, ill be trying the foam sock for the input as well!

Justin
Wholystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #27 
bettaluver14

do you think my betta will get stuck in the input if i don't baffle it?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #28 
Wholystang

My beta has swam right up against the intake and it has been fine. However, the flow is really strong and jostles him about when hes in the middle. I will be trying to baffle it to stop it from being so strong.

Also, I have to turn it off to feed him. And, even when I do, the food doesn't float in this water for some reason. Ill have to look into that. But the tank is gorgeous, and the heater works really well though.
Wholystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #29 
ShukiAi

I have the tank you're looking at, and I've had it for a year now. I really love it. The lighting, heater and filter are fantastic. But like others have mentioned the filter is a little strong. My fish seem to do fine with it however, but they are tetras. There are ways of muffling the flow though. I think you'll be really happy with it if you get it. :)
ShukiAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #30 
happypappy

intake issue with biowheel filter solved

This biowheel filter is strong! I am going to try and baffle mine also. But the solution to the intake is to purchase a fluval sponge filter (no. 1). It is less than $3.00 and just slides onto the intake. Instant protection against fins getting trapped AND provides bio media that is healthy to the tank. I have cherry shrimp in this tank and they are always on this filter picking up some nutrition!!!!
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote